Help Newbie! Plants look like they are going to die!

Nazeem

hi i'm a newby my plants look like they are dying have a question I recently transferred my 4 plants in veg to FoxFarm Ocean forest soil in 3 gal containers, i fed them 1L of water after i transplanted, i have a 1000W mH light with good ventilation but all the leaves are hanging down and top leaves on the bigger 2 plants are crusty and dryish hanging dow yellowish color help!!!plezz! the guy at the hydroponic shop said not to feed it after for about 1-2 weeks until the roots spread and fill the median in search of water, but it looks like its gonna die ?? What do i do ?
Photo_on_3-1-15_at_1_21_PM_2.jpg

Re: HELP NEWBY! Plants look like they are going to die!!

My temps at 75F on average but the night after it did peak at 90F. Ph the first time i didn't measure when i gave the 1L of water after transplant, but i gave them ph balanced water yesterday with no nutrients since I'm using FFOF. Humidity is around 45%. I was under the impression i didn't have to water for a week because the hydroponic guy said not to feed them for a week but I will be watering every other day from now on or whenever it feels dry. The plants still haven't improved even after watering them its been about 24H since i gave them water. I'm thinking I may have caused root damage, because the night after transplant it got pretty hot and medians where dry. This is my first grow, REALLY NEED SOME HELP!
Plant #1 Star 47 (Left)
CAM00297.jpg

CAM00298.jpg

Plant #2 Sour LSD
CAM00300.jpg
CAM00301.jpg
CAM00302.jpg

Re: HELP NEWBY! Plants look like they are going to die!!

Its used to be about 6in but now its about a foot because i have it set up in closet so it get hotter faster, When i gave them water yesterday (About 15H ago) they where completely dry, the edges where crusty and i gave them just enough water to have minimum run off so i don't think i over watered them. ill give them some more time, but do you have any other suggestions ? they've been like this for 3 days now since transplant is it possible it could just die?

How old were the plants when you transplanted them? The first time I used FFOF it was too hot for my seedlings and I had to flush them like crazy. Now I use FFOF mixed with Promix BX and Perlite in a 1 to 1 to 1 ratio. Once I cut the FFOF it has been much better. I did have a some Nute Burn but flushing took care of it. When I flushed, I used water at 5x the amount of the pot. IE 2 Gal pot got flushed with 10gal of water slowly. I probably gave them 1/2 gal at a time till it all ran through. Took a good hour to flush each plant. I did it in a tub so I could just leave the plants draining.

I got these 2 a week before transplant but they where about the same hight and clone shop said they didn't know since grower wasn't in, they where already in veg so once i transplanted I thought FFOF wouldn't burn it. Im going to flush them as you did, but will i have to add nutes after when feeding? and if i watered yesterday wouldn't I be overwatering them?

Usually if the the leaf is drooping and stem is erect it's over watering, and when the stem & leaf are drooping it's under watering....and you said it was hot in there, so water evaporates quickly in hot conditions & plants transpire faster in hot conditions, and you said your soil was bone dry & crusty.

Okay so i flushed both yesterday with 15Gal of water added 1/2 gal at a time and took me 2H, its been almost 24H and i still donts see any improvements. The leaves are still as, the stems are erect the leaves are stems are bending down. Any idea why? or should i wait longer ?
Here are pics from today
CAM00319.jpg
CAM00320.jpg
CAM00321.jpg
CAM003221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom