Help on deciding LED light please

Jackogreen

Hey guys new grower here with only one grow under my belt. Been working on a project which consists of converting an old stand up freezer into a grow space.
420-magazine-mobile200337627.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1609150155.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1291082920.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1115678630.jpg
420-magazine-mobile890464327.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1950120947.jpg

Ok let me fill you in on what Ive already done! I drilled out two 4" holes in the back of the freezer. I've connected a 4" inline fan on the outside of the top hole that's connected to a carbon filter. You can't see the filter in any pics bc it's braced under the freezer near the compressor. I've used dryer ports on the bottom hole so when the fan kicks on it opens the flaps and draws air from the bottom hole and exits through the top hole and finally through the filter. When the fan isn't running the bottom hole is sealed bc of the dryer flaps and gravity. I've also ran a power cord through the back which is sealed off.

The grey digital device on the back is a temp controller brewers use to control a kegorator. I'm using it the same way since temps in my shed will be beyond 90-100 this summer. I will set it to around 75 so when it heats up the temp controller will kick on the freezer til it cools it down when needed.

I've also used one of the old racks and turned it into a scrog, but the only flaw in this is it sits about 10" above my tote.

I'm using a 12 gallon black tote with two 6" net pots.

Idk if you guys can see the dimensions in the pics but the freezer is a 14 cu ft freezer.
Inside dimensions are 47" tall, 20" deep, and 23" wide. My tote is around 12" tall so from that to top of freezer I'm working with about 3ft of grow space.

I am expecting to spend some money on a decent light, but need to know which is best for my freezer. I know I will be keeping it around 18" for my girls, but I plan on lsting then scrogging for height reasons. Let me know what you guys think?! Ask any questions!

I'm new here too. I grow in a 4'x4' tent. I have a Mars Hydro 96 reflector LED light. a bit small for by tent so this grow I added a 600W HPS next to it. so the Mars Hydro is 22" x 11" has grow switch and bloom switch. with 2 built in blowers . The mfr said its good fro 2' x 3' and this light gives very good light and little heat. price is about $180 . I would think this would be good.
so that's my 2cents. good luck

I would cover the light on the on/off switch on your plug bar. I dont think it is bright enough to mess with cannabis during flower but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Is this a stealth operation? If not, you may want to run a 400w HID with cooltube. I'd hate to put more holes in that freezer, but a cool tube may be easier to manage than LED. Some insulated ducting and a fan just for cooling the light I'm thinking.

That setup is pretty awesome. Would love to follow a journal!

Looks like a great setup.
With about 4 sq ft I'd shoot for about 200watts of actual power. You can get pretty good results from any of the Chinese lamps in that power. COB's will give you more light/watt so you can get more bang for your buck.

I would suggest the perfect sun mini but I don't know if you have enough vertical space for it but an excellent option for that space is the good old mars 300. Puts off very little heat, it's inexpensive and doesn't have too high an intensity so it wouldn't burn your plants with the reduced height

I would suggest the perfect sun mini but I don't know if you have enough vertical space for it but an excellent option for that space is the good old mars 300. Puts off very little heat, it's inexpensive and doesn't have too high an intensity so it wouldn't burn your plants with the reduced height

In your opinion do you think the mars 300 would be ok for flowering?

Back
Top Bottom