Help on determining how much longer to flower

mikehatora

420 Member
White Widow from Amsterdam Seeds on day 31 of flowering. Five weeks in Veg with 2x 300 LED & 2X 1200 LED in the same four by four grow tent. Have a Heater connected to an auto trigger device to heat when the room drops under 70 degrees. The room (basement) has an average temp of 58 degrees. This is in winter in the Northeast US (Mass) so it is dry as toast here. Have a fan to help reduce residual moisture from the tent after watering. Used 5-gallon pots with Coast of Maine Bar Harbor Blend Premium Potting Soil and blended with Coast of Maine Wiscasset Blend Worm Castings. Plants grew very quickly without Ferts or Nutes. The plants are now between 30 and 38 inches in height.

My question, can anyone offer suggestions on how much longer these beauties should be in flower before flushing for harvest. Again, they have been flowering now for 31 days. WW is said to be between 8-12 weeks which is a large window.

WW_31days.jpg

View image in gallery

You should invest in a magnifier to see trichomes. Don't waste your time trying to guess or else. From the 8th week have a look every two or three days with the magnifier

I am going to get a magnifying tool now... thought my phone could do it, but not quite good enough.

My Phone camera at 8x was better than the cheap Mag from CVS. Going to Amazon to get a real tool.

Based on the weeks in flower, that seems right. And my Magnifying glass will be here soon so I can get closer to the trichomes. In two weeks my ladies will be at 8 weeks, and white widow takes between 8-12 weeks. Trying to time this well to get two flushes in and two days of all darkeness before harvest -- and my normal travel schedule around these activities.

So I harvested at 11.5 Weeks and the Trichomes were about 60% milky. I dried them in an open closet with a fan on 18 hours a day for 12 days (in Winter in New England). I am now curing them in Mason Jars and opening for 15 minutes per day for 10 days. Some pics of final stages of budding and drying closet, and resulting Mason jars.

Back
Top Bottom