Help on slight yellowing and run off is 7.2 - Pics

static123

Hi guys

I am in need of some advice please.

I am two weeks in to flower and I am starting to get the start of yellowing leaves, the strain is cbd critical mass and I am feeling them per liter 2ml bio bizz grow NPK 4-3-6, 2ml bio bizz bloom NPK 2.0 - 7 - 4 , advanced meta boost 0.5ml, cal mag 1ml, 8ml terpinator 0 -0-4 and a small blob of molasses. The plants are under a 400w hps, RH is 50 / 55 and temps are 28 and this is a soil grow.

I have been making sure that the tap water is left for 24 hours before use and I have been adjusting the ph down to 6.5 after adding nuts, it was 8.1 before I adjust (plain water), the water I am using is unfortunately very hard.

I checked the run off a day or so ago and the PH was 7.2, could this be the cause ? should I bring down the ph to 6 before feeding them ?

Hope you can help and happy christmas and new year :)

2016-12-27_20_43_03.jpg

2016-12-27_20_43_27.jpg

2016-12-27_20_43_18.jpg

Yea bro you are on the right track. Im still a new grower but from all the info that i am familiar with states that ph should be 6-6.5 run off water should be the same also. But the big dogs should be here pretty soon to confirm that. Nice grow you got there tho bro

LOUD ONLY

Thanks guys, the picture is a great reference but I am still unsure as to whether I need to lower my feeds ph to compensate the 7.2 runoff

I believe you have salt build up from your veg nutes. A clean water flush should bring the ph back down. Run 2x water through, you'll see how yellow/brown the water will be You want close to clear coming through.
I agree with DeanB on this as well.

LOUD ONLY

The plants are due a feed tomorrow, so should I flush them with ph corrected pure water and then leave for a few days before I feed them?

If you can swing it buy bottled water for the flush (still pH adjusted low). pH corrected tap water will still be full of minerals that will reduce effectiveness of flush.

Don't feed until soil dries out again. When pH drops nute uptake will resume. If you add nutes now you might burn her.

You are putting a lot in for a new grow. The metaboost shouldnt be added til at least week 4 of flower.

Dont flush with water as that can cause further problems.

What strength are you running your base nute? I would run base nutrient only at 0.8ec and ph 6.2. Give a good flush with around 20% run off. Allow to dry out then give same strength feed again with run off. Allow to dry then start building nite strength back up.

Hi guys

Happy new year and apologies for my late reply to you all. Thanks for all the advice its been of great help and info, I have flushed them out now and have given them a small feed today, hopefully they will get better now, again thanks loads its very very appreciated

Back
Top Bottom