Help - Plant is dying at a young age and I don't know what's wrong with it

bentaku

hello
this is literally my first ever grow. i did lots of research and everything i know is from doing internet searches.

i bought five BigBud feminized seeds from an online seed bank, i germinated a seed. it germinated fine and i planted it in a small pot (since it was just a seedling). the soils in Australia aren't that great so i bought one that was not too low quality or too expensive, dough i'm not sure its good for growing cannabis. i'm trying to grow outdoors in a pot since i don't have a budget for good quality grow lights or a grow tent.

the plant grew fine though it did feel like it wasn't growing as fast as the ones in youtube and i just assumed because it didn't have the absolute optimum growing area. it grew fine until my pet ruined the pot and i had to replant it again. it looked fine until a weak or so later where everything started going south and its leaves started yellowing and now it literally looks like it's going to die. i did lots of research but i couldn't figure out what is wrong with it. i even changed its pot to a bigger one (the plant is really small for it to start having nutrition deficiency).

i cant figure out how to post pics

Re: help, plant is dying at a young age and i don't know what's wrong with it.

028358.JPG

027357.JPG

026396.JPG

i uploaded some pics of the current situation of my plant

it grew fine until my pet ruined the pot and i had to replant it again

A little more info/definition on that would help as did it do something to plant or just the pot. Along with what are you using/doing for light source. Seeing little green balls, is that one of them soils with time released nutrients already in it? As may have been "too hot" far as nutrients go for a seedling.

How to ask for support:
How to Ask for Grow Support

As the more info you can give the better the odds of someone being able to try and narrow it down for you, as lots of knowledgeable folks here (I'm still learning so my opinions not worth a lot ;) ).

A little more info/definition on that would help as did it do something to plant or just the pot. Along with what are you using/doing for light source. Seeing little green balls, is that one of them soils with time released nutrients already in it? As may have been "too hot" far as nutrients go for a seedling.

How to ask for support:
How to Ask for Grow Support

As the more info you can give the better the odds of someone being able to try and narrow it down for you, as lots of knowledgeable folks here (I'm still learning so my opinions not worth a lot ;) ).

ok, so here is the full detail.

my pet being a chicken (odd i know) dug out the whole pot, and my plant which gets its light source from the sun ended up under full light with its root exposed for well over an hour. the soil does have slow release nutrients but what i thing caused the whole things to happen was probably because of me adding some seaweed extract.

there are no pH problems since i always check it and its always at around 6.9 or 6.8. im not so sure about the temperature since in Australia its kinda all over the place and im not sure what size my pot is.

i try to water my plant whenever i feel like the soil has lost moisture but not all, though i sometimes do water it more than i should but the symptoms dont look like an over watering thing.

my assumptions are that it's nutrient burnt after i looked up more about it. im planing to flush it, though im not sure how much or how often and for how long. and if it is nutrient burnt, will it recover from it or should i lose my hopes and start again (i dont want to)?

thanks and i absolutely appreciate these replies.

Hi Bentaku,

In my opinion plain bottled water that has no chlorine, (not distilled), for about a week and see if she picks up, wait till top inch of soil is dry before watering. Adjust water ph between 6.2 and 6.5.

My teacher in my medical cannabis growing course tought me these steps.

I would give it a good flush and hope for the best, maybe next time starting seed in a peat pellet.

I would give it a good flush and hope for the best, maybe next time starting seed in a peat pellet.

do i just flush it once and see what happens or do i do it for multiple days?

sorry, im like really new to this and its kinda stressing me out to see my plant in this bad situation because of my stupid mistake.

thank for the suggestion

do i just flush it once and see what happens or do i do it for multiple days?

sorry, im like really new to this and its kinda stressing me out to see my plant in this bad situation because of my stupid mistake.

thank for the suggestion
Add 1/3 of pot volume worth of plain water starting today. if possible adjust ph between 6 and 6.4, plain water for 2 weeks since your soil has its own nutes.

Add 1/3 of pot volume worth of plain water starting today. if possible adjust ph between 6 and 6.4, plain water for 2 weeks since your soil has its own nutes.

so 1/3 of the pot volume every day for 2 weeks or only today?

Not every day, starting today water only when top inch of soil is dry. And yes 1/3 of volume every time.

thaaaaaanks, you're a big help here. ill do that and post an update if the plant gets better or it doesnt.

thaaaaaanks, you're a big help here. ill do that and post an update if the plant gets better or it doesnt.
I would honestly star germinating a new seed because this one might not make it.

Plain bottled water in a glass.

Place seed in water until it sinks.

Once it sinks place it between 2 wet paper towels and keep in a dark warm place, (top of frige). Never let those paper towels go dry.

Once you see it crack open and the root is about 1cm long, gently place it in a peat pellet or very light soil for seedlings.

Keep it under a regular cfl bulb or whatever light keeping the grow medium moist until she sprouts.

Once sprouted transplant into plastic cup with regular potting soil, no fancy stuff, another week then in pot with good soil indoor or out.

I would honestly star germinating a new seed because this one might not make it.

Plain bottled water in a glass.

Place seed in water until it sinks.

Once it sinks place it between 2 wet paper towels and keep in a dark warm place, (top of frige). Never let those paper towels go dry.

Once you see it crack open and the root is about 1cm long, gently place it in a peat pellet or very light soil for seedlings.

Keep it under a regular cfl bulb or whatever light keeping the grow medium moist until she sprouts.

Once sprouted transplant into plastic cup with regular potting soil, no fancy stuff, another week then in pot with good soil indoor or out.

i followed those exact same steps for germinating and planting but i guess i didn't really choose a good soil

Just a thought do not let your chicken poop in the soil. Chicken poop is very good for nitrogen but it needs to sit for a few months to compost..If you have poor soil you should check into composting,it is one of the best things that you can add to your soil to keep it healthy .. Good luck ..

Back
Top Bottom