Help! Plants are nosediving

Micheals2016

I have two seedlings that have been growing for about 2 weeks now, one of the seedlings is drooping quite heavily (it was overwatered) but it was already starting to droop. My second seedling is doing okay but I noticed today that some of the tips of the plant are turning white.

I use a 400 watt MH. Temp was hovering 33c with 40% Humidity. After raising the lights and turning on another fan, temps are at 26.5c with a humidity of 40%.

20160614_153700.jpg
20160614_153651.jpg
20160614_153645.jpg
20160614_153631.jpg

Why did you clip off the bad parts of the leafs? If the plant has an issue and some leaf matter needs to die cutting the bad spots off will only make the plant do it to other leafs. Your plants are not nose diving. Looks to me ike your killing them with love. Cut back the water. Your soil looks wet. Dont clip leafs off, your causing the plant more harm than good. They are fine just dont over water and let them grow.

Unless that's an auto you probably should have started it off in a much smaller pot until it's ready for a larger one.. That pot will stay wet for a week. Does it even have drain holes in the bottom?

Thanks for responding.
Why did I cut off the leaf? It was twisted and little mangled, although I won't do that again.
I had these guys in a smaller pot and the roots started hitting the bottom and coming thru (red solo cup size).

Yup I do have drain holes, although I did let the pot soak up water and then waited for the 20% run off. When I did let it soak up water I lost about 1.5 inches of soIL in the pot (seems to have compacted)

Do you think the first plant will recover?

To help with the moisture from the big pot, I did add another fan and lowered the lights a little to hopefully help evaporate excess water.

Also the PH level of the water is 7. The PH of the water after its gone thru the soil is 6.2

Thanks for responding.
Why did I cut off the leaf? It was twisted and little mangled, although I won't do that again.
I had these guys in a smaller pot and the roots started hitting the bottom and coming thru (red solo cup size).

Yup I do have drain holes, although I did let the pot soak up water and then waited for the 20% run off. When I did let it soak up water I lost about 1.5 inches of soIL in the pot (seems to have compacted)

Ok, just keep in mind that with too large of a pot the roots dont reach out quite everywhere so you will tend to have spots soil will stay wet. When soil stays wet too long it can cause premature breakdown of certain parts of the soil like peat moss. If a bunch of peat moss breaks down the soil will go acidic fast and make keeping her healthy really hard.

I totally understand the want to trim of bad parts but just remember, the plant is doing it because it needs to. Removing leafs that show issues will in most situations force the plant to start doing the same thing to other leafs because the last one/s are gone. That make sense? Every leaf is a solar panel and helps your girl grow. Even a lot of leafs that dont look to healthy can contribute to the growth. Cutting off or trimming fan leafs is usually only done once the plant is mature enough to have it done without stunting it's growth to let more light penetrate deeper into the plant or for making the plant focus on only bud production towards the end of it's life.
Take my advice as a grain of salt if you wish but I will offer it anyways. I would never remove a leaf at the age of your plant. The only time I would remove it is if it curled up, turned brown and fell of lol.

Glad to hear you have some drain holes. I had to ask because I see it all the time here where people have none and their water just keeps drowning the roots until the plant dies.

Have fun, she looks good.

Back
Top Bottom