Help plants from same area, 1 lot doing well the other not!

DrTentgrow

Hello all, i have been pulling my hair out recently!! i had 10 dutch passion powerplants on the go about 3 weeks out and were doing very well! i could only grow 6 in this area so i gave some away 2 of which to a friend with a good little setup in a wardrobe, only problem is after about a week and a half his plants are looking shit and mine perfectly healthy? i have a heater on a thermostat keeping the temps inside my grow tent around 24c. where as my friends temps are around 22c? it's definitly not a ph problem as we both have ph pens and keep them calibrated also the plants were in the same growing medium. they wont of suffered much transport stress as i heated my car to a nice temp and moved them as quick as possible. when they started looking crap i gave them a half strength shot of canna vega (veg nutes) this was about 3 days ago, then i transplanted them 2days ago, also i gave them rhizotonic to help the transplant shock. i know i should be more patient for this problem to rectify as it hasn't been to long since i fed and transplanted but i can't get my head round why mine are doing more then fine, also althou they are under a 600w mh both mine and my friends were under a cfl until yestaday when we both switched. they are in a 50/50 mix of plagron light mix and canna terra soil with dolomite lime to buffer the ph, i have use this exact same mix on previous grows with good results. the lower leaves have started to yellow and look bad also every now and then they go droopy and look horrible! normally about 2 hours before lights out and take a while in the mornings to get back up again and never regain full vigour. pleease could someone shed some light on this, thanks,

DSCF6054.JPG
DSCF6053.JPG
DSCF6052.JPG
DSCF6051.JPG
DSCF6050.JPG
DSCF6049.JPG
DSCF6048.JPG
DSCF6047.JPG
DSCF6046.JPG

Re: HELP* plants from same area, 1 lot doing well the other not!

I'm no expert but i'll try to help as much as I can. As for the yellowing have you checked out the diagnostic forum for plants, it can show you signs and what defficency it has. As for the drooping plants if they are on a light schedual for a set amount of time ive seen that around time to shut off the lights they droop some as if they were going to sleep. In the morning they are droopy a little aswell but should perk up after an hr or two. The next time you water make sure your soil is nice and dry and give it some good old H2O. (with the correct ph that is) Anyway i hope this helps out some :)

Also how far away is the MH at times?

Hi MLGowing: i know they can droop a little before lights out and take a bit of time in the morning but when these droop they look hideous! ( will put a picture up as soon as they do it again) also they take about 2 hours in the morning to get any where near up. i'm going to wait until the 1st inch of the top of the soil is dry before i next water like i usually do, in fact i think that's why mine are doing ok because i didn't allow for much run off at all when they were in smaller pots so that the nutrients lasted where as my friend gave them a drenching when he watered them so probably washed the nutes out. thanks for your input mate.

ilikebike: i fed them when they were still in the small pots with half strength nutes, this was only 4 days ago and then they were transplanted 2 days ago in to soil with more fertilizers in, do you think that i'm not waiting long enough for them to show signs of picking up?? thanks for your help guys!

oh you recently transplanted? the same thing happened when i transplanted into bigger pots, some of the lower foliage turned yellow then eventually brown and died off but as long as the new growth looks good you should be ok

These were my plants

Before the Transplant
IMG_019614.JPG
IMG_019513.JPG
IMG_019411.JPG

After The Trasplant
100_08593.JPG
100_08606.JPG
100_08646.JPG
100_08653.JPG
100_08665.JPG

They didnt show signs right away, it took like 2 or 3 days after the transplant and started to notice the plant being affected, i was worried but i just gave it a good watering with nutrients and it rebounded with in 24 hours i just cut off anything that looked bad, your plants are small so i dont suggest cutting anything unless it is brown and shriveling up you know its dead

How much are you watering it again, if to much they will dive down and be droopy. Post some updated pics so we can see more of whats going on :) (trying not to be pushy )

At such an early stage of growth or veg i would more than likely be incline to say it was a straight up Nitrogen - N defeciency as MJ has a habit of using a fair amount in that stage of growth.

As in a previous post watering with 50% strength nutrients & repotting aprox recovering time may take up to 10 days to see noticeable effect if defeciency is bad.

It looks like a combination of stress and overwatering. I would agree with Smokz. Let them dry out a bit and recover from the changes. Watch the plants, the will tell you when they need water. Remember than when the top of the dirt is dry, the bottom of the pot may still be drenched. When this dries out, the roots grow longer in search of water. This is a good thing.

Thanks everyone for the help it turns out it was just N deficiency and i wasn't being patient enough for them to pick up especially considering i did a transplant as well, it wasn't over watering if you look at my white widow grow journal you will see that i can do something as simple as water a plant correctly, i was just a bit confused as to why these plants were suffering a bit as I've never had any problems that early on in a grow, thanks again every one for your help. i will put pictures of them up soon so you can see how good they look now!!

Back
Top Bottom