Help please: Bright green leaves

dmoney4201

hi i'm new to this forum so i am sorry if my pictures do not show up. i have a 4 week old beauty that has been growing pretty great for my first shot with and old seed.....but the today i notice that the new growth and the newer sprouts are coming in a very bright green.....is something wrong? i'm new but the plant looks healthy to me...can somebody please help me out? thanks
-DM

PA011533.jpg

PA011534.jpg

right now i'm using a mix my dad had of some stuff thats a 24-8-16 NPK....but i have it pretty diluted because of was afraid of nutrient burn.... what can i do to help hte plant, and do you think its hurting the growth....or does it still look somewhat healty??

really? shoot i thought this one was okay...i just transplanted it into that pot a week ago....what size should i be using?? i'm looking to keep the plant short...not trying to grow tall.
-DM

Give it ONE dose of that stuff at the full recommended strength. You are not feeding it enough Nitrogen and that is the most common symptom of the problem.

On the few rare occasions I have run into this problem, I always give the plant a single normal feeding of Miracle Grow BLUE. The RED for Tomatoes works well for this too. Most of the organic feeds I normally use are not high enough in Nitrogen to resolve the problem quickly.

After you do this single normal dose I would dispense with trying to dilute your nutes. Just give them the recommended dose and only feed every 5-7 days. You really don't need to feed them any more than that. I do 7-10 days because I am from the "Less is More" school of gardening. But... Diluting your nutes is just a bad idea. If you are worried about burn and such then you need to pick up some organic kelp extract and use that.

This is all I feed to seedlings and fresh clones for their first 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

thanks for all the help....i gave it a full dose like suggested and hopefully she'll get the nuts it needs.... i have 3 more seedling that just cracked open. cant wait to have a couple more shots at a nice pretty female!

the pot size im not sure of the exact sized in terms of how much soil it hold.....it's about 10-12in rounds and about 10 inches high.

Okay so it has been a couple days since i fed it some more nitrogen.... the leaves are still pretty bright green but they look healthy...when will they darken back up??? is it normal for the leave to be almost reaching up towards the light?? oh man....the never ending questions and wonders of being a noob grower....

"im trying ringo.... im trying real hard"-lol

Okay so it has been a couple days since i fed it some more nitrogen.... the leaves are still pretty bright green but they look healthy...when will they darken back up??? is it normal for the leave to be almost reaching up towards the light?? oh man....the never ending questions and wonders of being a noob grower....

"im trying ringo.... im trying real hard"-lol

It takes about 5-7 days before you will start to see a change. Just be patient and don't feed it any more nutes until you have reached day 7 after the first feeding.

I am comfident that you will see more and more "dark" green emerging from the growing tip by about day 4 or so. If you have not seen any improvement by day 7, then I would suggest picking up a small box of Miracle Grow BLUE (General Purpose) and repeat the same treatment ONCE.

Patience is the key to gardening, no mater what the crop! ;)

It takes about 5-7 days before you will start to see a change. Just be patient and don't feed it any more nutes until you have reached day 7 after the first feeding.

I am comfident that you will see more and more "dark" green emerging from the growing tip by about day 4 or so. If you have not seen any improvement by day 7, then I would suggest picking up a small box of Miracle Grow BLUE (General Purpose) and repeat the same treatment ONCE.

Patience is the key to gardening, no mater what the crop! ;)

very cool stuff!! thanks for all the reassuring and very helpful information....its this doesn't work i'm gunna get the BLUE.... thanks again and i'll post back the progress:thanks:

Mexican bat guano tea will give you a shot og N that will not burn your plants no matter what. What is your soil pH, if it is off no matter how much you fert the plant will not take it up.

phchart1iu51.jpg

i have to get some ph tests.....are there any that you would recommed??

the test i found at home depot and the nursery were both the test the soil before you plant it.... are those paper strips i hear about better?

i'm just curious if this is slowing the growth of my plant and or putting bad stress on it?

Lets not confuse the situation by making too many conflicting suggestions on what route to take?

At some point, he'll have to make a choice as to who's advice he is going to follow. Obviously, if he does everything everyone suggests all he will end up with is a dead or stunted plant! :laughtwo:

What I advised him to do WILL WORK. The plant is far too young to have developed a pH imbalance bad enough to create a problem with uptake, especially since he has been feeding it what amounts to water with trace amounts of fertilizer, obviously not enough to do any good for the plant, or to alter his soil pH enough to present with symptoms. ;)

Besides, low soil pH manifests with cal/mag deficiency first, NOT nitrogen. ;)

I'll put money on his seeing a return to a totally green and healthy plant by this time next week. ;)

If not, then we can start looking at more exotic methods of treatment. Bat Guano doesn't have a high enough level of these nutes to turn this around in the span of time it needs to be. Neither does Kelp Extract which I advise him to begin using for feeding once the plant rebounds.

30 years in the garden has taught me a few things about this stuff. I've dealt with the identical problem once or twice, and MG Blue ALWAYS fixes it the fastest. I don't use it any other time on Cannabis since I am an organic grower under NORMAL circumstances.

But like anything, chemical fertilizers do have a place in a grower's tool kit, and there are times when they are the right choice to fix a problem. This is definitely one of those times.

:peace:

I would add dolomite lime anyway. 1/4 cup per gallon of soil will buffer your pH so you don't need to test all the time.

I was just suggesting in the future if you want to give a lot of N and are a newb and worrying about burn guano tea is a good idea. In this case since you already fed it something you should wait and see.

The best type of meter is a pen type so you can test the runoff, the strips don't work well because the runoff has a color to it so it makes it hard to compare to the charts.

I definitely don't have 30 years growing experience, so listen to the other guy!

Dolomite lime is an excellent idea! :thumb:

Helps to stabilize the soil pH and keep it in the right range. (6.2 - 6.8 is ideal for Cannabis)

Besides a traditional pH meter, I also recommend the Hydrofarm "Active Air" IN SOIL pH meter that you stick down into the actual soil. It will give you a more accurate representation of the true soil pH. The runoff method is not always a good indicator, especially if your drainage is fast. The water doesn't stay in there long enough to interact with the soil and give the proper reading.

I have a couple of these meters and pop them into the various pots in the garden for a few minutes to see how a particular pot is doing. Checked them both against my HM Digital PH-200 when I first got them and they were surprisingly close, which is impressive considering the under $10.00 price tag! :thumb:

I have seen a lot of people here say soil ph meters are garbage, I am surprised to see you recommend one. After I started using dolomite I stopped testing my soil. You can tell when the dolomite is used up because the runoff is much lighter. So when I see clear or light runoff I just add more dolomite and never had pH problems.

Maer said:
I have seen a lot of people here say soil ph meters are garbage, I am surprised to see you recommend one. After I started using dolomite I stopped testing my soil. You can tell when the dolomite is used up because the runoff is much lighter. So when I see clear or light runoff I just add more dolomite and never had pH problems.

I'm glad that the runoff method alone works so well for you! :)

As far as IN SOIL meters go?

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Folks seem to enjoy blowing things off without ever actually trying it themselves. They read some guy on a forum taking out his ass about something he has never actually used, and if it sounds plausible, they then begin parroting the same BS. Pretty soon you end up with a general consensus founded on nothing more than pure BS, half truths and hearsay.

These meters DO have a place in a competent gardeners tool kit. Just another way to keep the plants growing their best! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

thank you all for the helpful tips....i'm going to do like Goldengoose7 said and just have patience....i'll see how things look in a week, hope for results and go from there. i'll post the 1 week later photo's so you guys can see for youselves

Dolomite lime is an excellent idea! :thumb:

Helps to stabilize the soil pH and keep it in the right range. (6.2 - 6.8 is ideal for Cannabis)

Besides a traditional pH meter, I also recommend the Hydrofarm "Active Air" IN SOIL pH meter that you stick down into the actual soil. It will give you a more accurate representation of the true soil pH. The runoff method is not always a good indicator, especially if your drainage is fast. The water doesn't stay in there long enough to interact with the soil and give the proper reading.

I have a couple of these meters and pop them into the various pots in the garden for a few minutes to see how a particular pot is doing. Checked them both against my HM Digital PH-200 when I first got them and they were surprisingly close, which is impressive considering the under $10.00 price tag! :thumb:

you know what is funny, i had seen that "active air" meter at home depot and though it was to good to be true for the $10 bucks it cost....i still have the $11 credit from the soil tester i returned....i will surely pick that up now.
thanks for the feedback:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom