Help Please! Cal-Mag Overdose?

RookieJuana

I know what I've done wrong. I think. Question is, how do I correct it? Here's what I did... I mixed up a bottle of foliar spray with Cal Mag in it. I started spraying them a few days ago, once a day. I go in to check on them this morning and this is what I find. I will lay off the foliar spray but do I need to use Cal Mag in with my next feedings or stay away from it? Thank you so much for your time! I appreciate each of you!

Attachments

• 20190417_100640.jpg
    20190417_100640.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190417_100631.jpg
    20190417_100631.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190417_100627.jpg
    20190417_100627.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 183
I'd like to help,but I've not had enough nute problems to really be able to advise
anyone on what they are,or how to fix them.

It looks like they're getting too much of something,but I can't tell you what-Nitrogen would be my guess,but you can take that with a grain of salt...

Need to get @Emilya's or @Old Salt's eyes on them to tell you for sure-I don't think @TheNuttyProfessor
is online right now,but I'm sure someone will chime in with some real knowledge to help out

It doesn't look real serious yet,so don't worry too much over it...

**edit** that third pic does look pretty bad-I only looked at the first two before posting-sorry

you could foliar with just water to clean off the leaves a little. Have you tried flushing the coco and starting with a fresh feed ?. I know from my own experience that folier can cause its own issues such as light magnification hot spots ect.,so i dont tend to do it anymore except if to treat something. They feed happy through the coco without needing anything external. Just a thought. good luck

The forever answer in these threads, Needs Calmag! Lol

Just kidding, nute burn. You’re overfeeding them and the leaves fry up when that happens. Lay off the foiler spray for a bit. Do you need Calmag?
I'm in soil. And do I need to add Cal Mag to my next watering or stay away from it?

I’m soil too. Using tap water and full nutrient lines, I’ve never needed to use Calmag. I get enough from my water supply and feed. Did your plants look like they were showing deficiencies? I don’t remember because I haven’t used FF in a long time, but is there calcium and/magnesium already in any of the other stuff you’re feeding? Sometimes it’s already in what we buy, and listed in the ingredients.

The Fox Farms trio stuff is really really strong. Its designed that way. But it’s pretty easy to burn your plants with it. I would dial back the fertilizers and just feed plain water for a bit and then slowly start up your feed schedule again.

Hope this makes sense, I’m tired and I got high.:lot-o-toke:

I would personally lay off the cal/mag your next feeding. They are telling you that your giving them to much. I would do your next watering with plan h2o. Then when you do give cal/mag again give them a lower amount.
Thats just my 2cents.

Thank all of you, so so so much! I just gave them a big drink of plain ph water!

It's really hard to OD them on cal mag.

FFOF has crushed oyster shells in it for cal mag so you really shouldn't need to add any either.

It's also known to have PH swings and that could be the problem.

Meh,,, my guess would be the timing and the ingredients of the foilar.

Thank all of you, so so so much! I just gave them a big drink of plain ph water!
They will thank you for it Juana. occasional foliar feeding is probably better too. If you hit up @Emilya , she is a guru when it comes to soil grows as is @AngryBird . They are very in demand because of their willingness and knowledge i this area too ,consider any advice a solid . good luck

They will thank you for it Juana. occasional foliar feeding is probably better too. If you hit up @Emilya , she is a guru when it comes to soil grows as is @AngryBird . They are very in demand because of their willingness and knowledge i this area too ,consider any advice a solid . good luck
Thank you Grandaddy! I always appreciate each and every single piece of advice I get, especially from the real pros like yourself! I'm so grateful always... wish I could convey that more in my responses!

:hug::high-five::passitleft:

:Namaste::goodjob::passitleft:
Thank you Grandaddy! I always appreciate each and every single piece of advice I get, especially from the real pros like yourself! I'm so grateful always... wish I could convey that more in my responses!
Pleas3e dont misunderstand Juana , i didnt mean you appeared un-appreciative or anything negative . I meant as i tag those two Ladies in grows a lot so they must cursing me for finding them so many people to advise. lol They must hate me. so sorry ladies.
I think soil is an enigma for a lot of us here. I am terrified of using it because of overwatering ( see my growcaps plants in journal.!!!lol) . I killed an auto somehow in soil and my Laughing buddha had me terrified to water her the entire 3 months. lol. I am in the process of making a very hot pile of compost with so much goodness in , that i will brave it to try a no-till or living soil as they do. absolute pros Juana , you should have a look at a few of their soil mixes and tips. Amazing reading and very easy to get your head round too, thankfully lol.
Thankyou for the positive comment and feel free anytime to pop in to my diary and giggle at my amazing ability to turn a simple grow into an episode of "Mr Bean Grows The Stank" complete with waterfall bed conversions , zoo time followed by (Sadly!) hunting season , the fun never ends it seems. good luck and will happily keep along with the grow .:yahoo::woohoo::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom