Help Please! I think I goofed up - What can I do?

snooper

This is my second attempt. I got lucky with four out of five indoor plants. I have one outside that is growing lovely. I recently discovered the girls between 8 and 12 days into my flower cycle. Two days ago I watered them until it flowed from the bottom of the pots. Some of the plants felt like they still had enough but I tried to get them all to a point where I do them the same time. Do I have to change this? Did I over water her? I've been reading similar post but still can't grasp it. Here she is. I have another plant that has this but not as bad.
I'm as basic as I can get, I got good ventilation and light.

p140.jpg

p238.jpg

They appear to be drying out from the outside of the leave in, then drying and cracking. For some reason I want to pump air into her roots with an aquarium pump is this okay? I also read something about using Hydrogen peroxide in the water, but how much per gallon? Any help would be appreciated!

My soil ph 6.5, my water is safe and in the same range. Like I said I watered, well soaked them two days ago, now three, and I had Miracle Grow Bloom booster, but weaker than recommended. I was running a small propane torch above it over the weekend to see if I could set up a generator, but I didn't think any of the heat was that close. Their sleeping now, when I wake up in the morning I'll see how she looks. One thing for sure I'm not soaking her anymore like the last time. I hooked my air pump up tonight and forced some fresh air into her roots. I also pulled off the dead or going to be dead leaves. She looks like she lost weight, like a strung out junkie :hmmmm:

If your soil and water PH are under control, the next thing I look at in an isolated problem (like just a few leaves in a small area) would be obvious things, like lights being too close. Now since you're problem extends through a lot of the plant, we look at nutrient deficiencies.

I'm looking at this guide now: Cannabis plant and pest problem solver

Scroll down to the 4th picture, Phosphorous deficiency. Your leaves look a lot like that. Keep in mind, if you have multiple deficiencies, your leaves will look similar to a few pictures in that guide.

Now we go look at your nutrients that you're using. NPK of that product is 15-30-15, with P being phosphorous, and it being 30.

How much weaker did you mix the nutes, and how often, and how much did you feed?

Antic's and Tead many thank's. First Antic, I use the scoop that came with the box of Bloom Booster. Instead of the large end which I believe is a tablespoon, I opted to add three level scoops using the small cup which I think is about a teaspoon. So I'm adding just three teaspoons to a gallon of water. Now the water does come with chlorine, compliments of the city, but it sits for a few days to let it burn off. Since I read your first post I removed a lot of the damaged leaves and began pumping air into my pot root bottoms using my small pump. They actually looked better tonight when I put them to bed. I took some more photo's of the buds that are coming out. They have a nice lemony yellow appearance to them. In my veg stage I used the Miracle Grow Plant Food. I only used it a few times and in my journal Mystery Bag Madness, you can see the plants grew nice under the growing conditions in my room. I used straight water twice before adding the MG BB when I started to flower. It's day 12 now.
Now Tead, this plant was below my hand held propane torch. I stood around while I let it burn for about five minutes. This plant was maybe ten inches or so below the flame. You think the falling heat from it could have cause this? I know my arborvitaes outside would burn very easily from the heat of a nearby fire during brush burning. But I thought I had the torch far enough away. I did pull the curtain close too when I was using the torch. For now I'm watching. I'll continue with the air pump and I actually gave them a little more plain water today after removing the bad stuff last night and they, it, looks a little better. Thanks again and feel free to comment anytime. It's only my second time growing this flower and I'm learning a lot. I only wish I owned ten acres. :green_heart:

p239.jpg

Oh my... 3 tsp of MG bloom booster/gal sure seems like quite a bit. I think I'd put my money on a nutrient burn rather than a heat burn. I see some similar damage when I let my heat get high... but your bud photo looks much more like nute burn.
Hydrogen Peroxide is a very aggressive cleaning agent. I'd steer clear of it if I were you. Mostly used by Hydro folks to get rid of things growing in the water and plugging up the water works.
The only cure for a over nutrient situation that I would use is water flushing. Run loads of water thru your dirt and try to flush the nutrients out.
Of course, if it was a high heat situation caused by the torch, stop doing that! Do you have a thermometer in your grow area? You may be vastly underestimating the heat generated by an open flame in an enclosed space. I really suggest you get one and have it somewhere around the level of the plant tops.

Now... let's talk for a moment about how you left a unattended fire in your grow tent. Such a bad idea for so many different reasons. If I were your parental unit, I'd have to paddle your ass for that one.... no matter what your age.

HUGE difference in appearance now!

The lobed edges on most leaves are still curled, but the younger leaves look good. Keep a close eye on those leaves. If you see the edges start curling under, you'll know we have some more work to do.

The weird thing, is you mixed 3 teaspoons per gallon, and their instructions say for indoor plants to only mix 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. The first thing I would do is try cutting back to 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. The NPK of the 3 part mix I use is 7-6-11, and I'm now seeing anything like what you have going on, so cut back to the recommended dose of 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, and let's go from there.

The leaves you cut off already we can consider as defoliation, but try to avoid cutting more to let her recover a bit. Once a leaf is damaged, it will stay damaged, but you can still leave it on the plant to help absorb light, and provide nutrients. You're also starting to flower now, so you'll want to minimize stress.As for the propane torch, as long as you were above the plants at least 12"/30cm, and your grow area had adequate ventilation to remove the heat provided by the torch, I don't think that would be a problem.

I would also change your watering schedule a little bit, and only water when the soil is nearly dry, basically creating a wet/dry cycle, which from what others have said will stimulate root growth, and that's what we all want, is massive roots. :)

Tead, are they really that susceptible to burn at 3 teaspoons per gallon? So two teaspoons would safer or 1 better. If I flush them won't the over watering do more damage? They look a little better. I think I'm sitting in front of them to long. I was with the torch, I wouldn't just leave it. I've been more worried soldering a leaky pipe.

The short answer, is yes.

To give you an idea how it works, the suggested dose is 1/2 teaspoon. You gave 3 teaspoons, that's 6x stronger.

Let's say it takes you 10 drinks to become inebriated.
Now drink 50 more. Each 1/2 teaspoon is making it 100% stronger. Although Cannabis is a very resilient plant, it isn't invincible. Althought that would be nice, I wouldn't have killed my first two seedlings lol.

I happen to have a box of that stuff hanging around. The directions say one Tablespoon / gal. Of course, those directions are not for MJ.
You haven't mentioned what kind of soil they're in. If it's MG soil (or other fertilized soil) I'd be very careful adding nutrients to your mix at all.
If you have non-fertilized soil, I'd normally think of starting with 1/2 a Teaspoon /gal. I'd give it 2 or three good waterings at that level, then work my way up by 1/2 tsp increments being sure to give it 2 or 3 waterings at the each level.
Having said all that, I really have no experience with it. Seems like a search of the forums might locate some folks with MG Bloom Booster experience.

I was so use to using it outdoors for vegetables at that rate I automatically assumed the same for indoor stuff. Never saw it on the box. But thanks, from now on water only and fert only when I need it. Hate to loose now after carrying them this far.

Since the first post in the column I've been giving the most damage plant the most attention using the advice. Here's how she looks today. She was the one that got hurt the worst.

p414.jpg

Some more good news today came in the mail. According to my energy report from the power company I'm using 10% less energy than my energy efficient neighbors.....CFL's work! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom