Help please! Leaf issue

skubes

Hey everyone, I have some Grape ape growing in an even mix of ff ocean forest and happy frog. Recently noticed some discoloration on leaves. This is the only plant affected, and I can't find anything online that resembles it . I'm keeping pH of my water at 6.4-6.5 every time I water. Any ideas as to what's going on??
IMG_083232.JPG
IMG_083127.JPG
FullSizeRender140.jpg

It could be something else. Once in awhile I get a bit of leaf discolouration. Who doesn't? At one point I thought I might have TMV, but the problem hasn't ever seemed to affect more than a few leaves so I've decided to ignore it. I know at least one member who thinks they have this virus. It's contagious and to get rid of it a person would have to isolate the affected plant(s) and probably should get rid of them.

Hi, I have a few extra plants growing anyway, so I decided to get rid of it. It is the only plant I have that has exhibited this issue, and I plan on keeping an eye on the others. If it was a pH issue I figure it would be affecting all of the plants - it could just be a weak plant with funky genetics. Thanks for the reply Weasel.

Hi, I have a few extra plants growing anyway, so I decided to get rid of it. It is the only plant I have that has exhibited this issue, and I plan on keeping an eye on the others. If it was a pH issue I figure it would be affecting all of the plants - it could just be a weak plant with funky genetics. Thanks for the reply Weasel.

Hi, I went through the same thing a few times using the same soils. I think the problem is a combination of the soils and the strain. Certain strains buckle under nutrient-rich soils. Sometimes it's a question of where a particular strain came from, how it was handled before, during and after it reaches its destination.
I had blueberry, strawberry and pineapple haze in my tent. I used forest and froggy and ph'd distilled water. I didn't use any other nutrients until I began flowering, and then it was very watered down. The first week in soil, my seeds sprouted so fast it shocked me. By the third week I was ready to transplant. The leaves looked beautiful. My blueberry went strange after that.
Not only did the leaves start looking like yours, but a few came out deformed, every other row. I thought it was TMV, too, had someone come in and check it, and they, too, thought it was the plant's interaction with the nutrients. The other plants were growing well, no problems throughout, but that blueberry had me pulling my hair out.
Final Phase: After all was said and done, the blueberry was the only one that didn't have the appearance or give high of my previous grows sans forest and froggy soil. Strawberry and Pineapple were awesome and loved the soil.
I've since gone through two more grows where I mixed the forest and froggy with untreated soil for the blueberry and it did great!
Lesson for me: When doing multiple plants, be prepared to treat them like you do with multiple children - As unique individuals~:)

Hey Spam thanks for the post. I have noticed slight discoloration on some leaves on some other plants. They are under a g8 900 LED and are on day 47 of Veg. No issues up to this point. I have some cannatonic growing in another tent that has the same soil mix and has zero issues that I can see. They seem to be taking a while to start flowering- day 12 and some pistils are just starting to emerge. Anyway I will keep an eye on things and hope it's not TMV. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom