Help Please - Overfertilized and now leaves burning

olypenn

thanks, I found some Fox Farm Grow Big Liquid Plant Food at a local nursery. It looks like it has everything. I took another pH reading like you said and it turned out about 6.1.

Within just a few hours after applying the liquid fertilizer, leaves began to burn. I began flushing pot with distilled water. 2 flushes now and here are the pics. Any advice before I loose this plant is very welcome please. Thanks

Here is the journal that I started.
Olypenn Second Journal

IMAG041920.jpg
IMAG041816.jpg
IMAG041713.jpg
IMAG041514.jpg
IMAG041616.jpg

Re: Help Please. Overfertilized and now leaves burning.

I'd be happy to help. I'm subbed to your journal now as well.

Please fill in as much as possible to help us narrow down the causes. I'll be back on here in about 7-8 hours.

How to Ask for Grow Support

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

Flush and mass defoliation might be the answer, but only if you have strong stems. Lots of posts i've read about defol say that some people only discovered it in the first place because they had to remove shit loads of leaves after they burned them, either by lights or nute burn.

You'd be amazed how few leaves your plant actually needs to survive, and come back healthier, but the first thing to do is get those toxins flushed out. Answer all of Anticts questions above and i'm sure he can help you save her :)

What Strain is it?
White Widow/Big Bud Feminized.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Higher Indica Percentage
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veggie.
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3-4 weeks.
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor.
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If Soil... What is in your Mix? More Grow, Black Gold, Coconut Fiber Mix.
If Soil... What Size Pot? 2 gallon.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 90W LED
Is it Air Cooled? No heat off LED.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Controlled between 65 and 85 degrees.
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.1
Any Pests? Had gnats but all gone.
How Often are you Watering? As needed until leaf burn began. Now flushing with 2 quarts distilled water every day. 3 flushes so far.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Miracle grow has fertilizer. Also just started FOX FARM liquid.......one dose.......4 tablespoons with 2 quarts of water. Right after this is when the leaves began to burn/die.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 6 x 8 room.

Ok first off that is not how you flush. You are drowning the plant! To flush you run tons of water through the medium and thats it, then you let it dry out like normal. By watering every day you are going to make things worse, always let the soil go very dry before watering again.

So does it look like a chemical burn and not an LED light burn? The timing of the FOX Farm fertilizer points to chemical burn. Also the canopy leaves are green and appear normal. If the LED was causing the problem it seems like the leaves closest to the light source would burn the worst. I will let it dry out for a few days and see what happens. Thanks in advance for any help to pinpoint the cause of the burn and possible ways to treat it.

4 TBLS of foxfarm in 2 quarts of H20 ...where did you get those measurements for use???

I always got that mess exactly as you have it with my blue cheese every run around 30days into flower with FF, and it's the only strain ever to give me problems using FF.

No miracle grow soil or feed should be used with foxfarm products.

I would flush it (use 3 times the water for the amount of soil in the pot) let it dry out and see how she responds.

I'm no expert, hope it helps.

I just switched nutes after 4 yrs of using FF to try something different for me.

I used this FF schedule for SOIL
Notice it advises Teaspoons per Gallon

foxfarm-feeding-schedule-soil.jpg

So does it look like a chemical burn and not an LED light burn? The timing of the FOX Farm fertilizer points to chemical burn. Also the canopy leaves are green and appear normal. If the LED was causing the problem it seems like the leaves closest to the light source would burn the worst. I will let it dry out for a few days and see what happens. Thanks in advance for any help to pinpoint the cause of the burn and possible ways to treat it.

Usually the most obvious answer is the correct one, it would be a hell of a coincidence if it wasn't chem burn.

Whenever i've burnt my plants with my LEDs it's usually because they have water/moisture on the leaves, and the burns show up white, not like this at all.

The only other thing to consider is cal/mag deficiency, but as i said, the most likely thing is chem burn.

The burn stopped spreading this morning. I repotted it in a 5 gallon container. The extra new soil and space might give the roots some spread without the heavy fertilizer. The roots in the small pot were already binding around the inside. Thanks for all the advice. Will keep posting every day until the problem gets fixed. Good thing I got 2 clones. Maybe I will cut one more clone if things keep getting worse. It will put the grow back a month but better to save something from all the efforts and expense. What's next? overwatering.....overfertilizing........overheating........underlighting..........I wish I was back in Oregon doing outdoor grows. This indoor stuff really sucks.

Well, indoor is different from outdoor, that's for sure :)

I definitely screwed up with not following the instructions on the FF label......live and learn hopefully......Today's update........I left the plant alone to work out the fertilizer issues after flooding it. The larger fan leaves took most of the hit off the fertilizer. They appear to have absorbed the majority of the burn leaving the canopy shoots alone to continue growing. Rather than strip all the burnt leaves off the plant, I just left them alone. As they burned, they fell off the stems. The 2 clones didn't get over-fertilized so they continue to grow. 2 new things I learned. Don't start clones in soil with nutrients and follow the instructions on the package label. Thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom