Help please - plants have yellow spots - Some shiny and some bent leaves - First Grow

luigui420

some one please give me some advice im not sure if im doing it right I had some soil in my old pacmans frog and a friend gave me some seeds to see if they would grow and they did look healthy up until a week ago some of the leafs look droopy then some started clawing first problem I saw was a little brown burn like pimple think on one of the leafs then I started to see some yellow gold shiny stuff on some of leafs where ever that shiny stuff accumulates it eventually makes a yellow spot some leafs look like they are just detiorating but most of the plant looks fine I have 2 babies the one that is sick was the healtyest one at one point now the slow growth one looks great and they are in the same small grow box so I don think its the grow conditions since one looks worse then the other but both plants have some sort of yellow spot or smudge im using eco earth wich is what was in my aquarium it drains well only one thing I can think of is nutrients im new to it so im not sure what im missing I haven't boughten any nutrients due to money but I do have a guinea pig that I use his waste to make a compost tea I haven't used any since I saw problems but it could be the other way around it might need nutrients im not sure ill post pictures

Re: help please plants have yellow spots some of it is shiny some bent leves first gr

1310.png
1113.png
105.png
untitled94.png
sick_plants.png
sick_plant.png
95.png
87.png
76.png
510.png
416.png
324.png
237.png

Re: help please plants have yellow spots some of it is shiny some bent leves first gr

it looks to me like a CalMag deficiency. I'd add some epsom salts or CalMag to your watering routine. I do a weekly CalMag foliar spray with 1 tsp/gal of CalMag.

It makes things really hard to read when you don't use punctuation and spacing properly. One might suggest that in the future, when you want some assistance from other members, you make it easy for them to help you by simply making your words easy to read.

Hugs:hug:Luigui420

Thank you for providing clear photos. I am more visually oriented and am also dyslexic. Writing is very difficult for me too. I take forever composing a simple paragraph. English is also not my first language. I often make embarrassing errors. I struggle to make my writing look half way decent and not so Hawaiian plantation pidgin.

I also have very limited income as well because I am a disabled person on a fixed income. I have to grow frugally just like you.:peace:

Please help our more experienced members understand your growing issues by following this guide:
How to Ask for Grow Support

As for you plant issues, I see four issues from the pictures:
  1. Your pots may have drainage issues. They look like storage tubs. This kind of tub will require not only many drainage holes on the bottom but also along the lower half of the sides. This helps provide good drainage and oxygen to the roots.
  2. The soil looks damp and heavy. The soil could use more aeration by adding some perlite. The current soil also needs to be flushed to correct the build-up of nutrients from poor container drainage.
  3. Your plants are also doing the hula. They are bending toward the light source. This tells me that parts of your plants may not be getting enough light. You need to place your light source directly over the plants.
  4. Finally, the combination of incorrect lighting and low manganese are causing the shiny, yellowing and leaf spotting. Your PH balance is likely off, locking out manganese absorption along with other nutrients.

I hope your plants recover.:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom