Help please! Slow growth & black charcoal look on new leaves

Lidzz

Hey everyone! Total noob here, first post! I'm primarily doing this grow for just experience not hoping for much. I'm looking for some help on figuring out whats going on.

Strain: White widow
day: 11 or 12
soil: pro mix organic vegetable & herb mix
Lights 2 CFL 43 W about 2/3 inches away on 18/6 timer
temp: 25.5 C to 29 C goes up and down as the heater kicks in. Never drops below 25C
Humidity: 25 to 35 % varies every day
No pests
using straight tap water that i let sit out for how ever long until I use it
pH 6.5 before watering and pH runoff 6.4

If you need more info let me know!

Thanks

IMG_046844.JPG
IMG_046741.JPG
IMG_046542.JPG
IMG_046334.JPG

re: Help please! Slow growth & black charcoal look on new leaves

At first she looked good, but the 2 first leaves were tacoing. So I dropped it abit and didnt water for 2 days. Now the leaves dropped so I finally gave her some water.

At first she looked good, but the 2 first leaves were tacoing. So I dropped it abit and didnt water for 2 days. Now the leaves dropped so I finally gave her some water.

Feel the cup after you water. Now wait till it is completely dried out 3-5 days depending on RH in your grow area. Feel the difference in the weight? When it gets light again, water.

One of the biggest mistakes for growers when we are first starting is to "do too much". let her dry out and don't start to feed anything anytime soon. Good luck!!! :peace:

Sounds good! Its funny cause I have read that all over again and again but still do it lol

I also would recommend gently dropping it out into your hand and back filling underneath to get that soil closer to the rim for multiple reasons. One of the biggest problems from not filling that is slow growth from poor circulation in there. But not filling that cup causes other problems too. Yours aint bad but I darn near fill them. Its not like you need to water much.

Good luck!
:thumb:

By the way..no bag of soil bough from a store is ideal for cannabis. For optimal results you want to mix it up with stuff to make a huge root system to get big flowers.

There are many cannabis appropriate soil mixes out there. It is more important than one might think.

I make a complex soil some might call advanced but is the gold standard and I don't have to add fertilizers or treat water...

Not everyone can do that...So most people do a cheater method which I actually more commonly use too, when I want get a quick grow in.

When you up size that pot. Use a basic mix of 1/3 perlite, 1/3 Steer manure (Earth Worm casting are commonly used instead but I haven't used them for that), and 1/3 that bag of soil you gots there. If this is your first grow I recommend cutting the manure in half to 1/6th and do 1/6th coco fiber.

Done correctly no fertilizers needed for veg.

If you get good fresh manure in there and you feed it with a broken down molasses product, like sugaree, to keep all the good microbes alive you will have hands free growing for a good while.

:peace:

Thanks! I did that exact thing rn. The roots were all the way to the bottom already, but not much on the sides so gonna start watering on the edges more. Yea i didnt want to spend a bunch of money on soils but that mix sounds pretty easy to do so I might mix up a batch when I transplant into another pot!

Thanks again

Thanks! I did that exact thing rn. The roots were all the way to the bottom already, but not much on the sides so gonna start watering on the edges more. Yea i didnt want to spend a bunch of money on soils but that mix sounds pretty easy to do so I might mix up a batch when I transplant into another pot!

Thanks again

Yes bro, get rid of the tin foil it's no good , it causes hot spots especially when the plant gets bigger, just thought I'd add my 2 cents, good luck

Back
Top Bottom