Help please: what's wrong here?

Schnookie

So I'm approaching 7 weeks in flower of what is supposed to be a Golden Tiger sativa, but from the beginning has looked and grown thick and short like an indica.

I use Mega Crop for nutes and tap water and plant is in a 7 gallon fabric pot. Tent is 32x32" and lights now are 250W HPS and 240W (real) LED. I have the LED at around 60-70% right now.

In the past week all the fan leaves have turned yellow and died and fallen off and it's starting to spread to the bud leaves. I'm concerned there is something happening here that I've caused.

Is it too much light? Too much air (I have a fan underneath blowing at a 45 degree angle and fan outside the tent blowing in. Neither are very strong, but they are directly on the plants. Also in the past week the pistils have started to turn brown and it sure seems like she is just getting ready to finish out, but with all the leaves changing,I'm unhappy as I've seen many grow to the end without any or very little yellowing or leaf loss like I'm having.

The tips of ALL the leaves have been browned for more than a month but only started the yellowing heavily in the last 2 weeks. I watered at half strength today and have been watering about 1/3-1/2 gallon about every other day, sometimes every day, depending on the leaves (drooping, yellowing, etc). MC strength prior to the yellowing was around 5-5.5g plus some SeaK and SC or BE depending on my mood (.5g/G for the SeaK and 1-1.5g/G SC _or_ BE (never used both together)). I've been thinking there was some lockout due to too much of something, thus the reason to back off, but that didn't help. Not waiting to dry out, so too much water?

HELP!

Current. Under the HPS the color is more uniform, but you can see the leaves are unhappy - it's quite yellow on the middle-ends of most leaves.
20200507_161848.jpg
20200507_161831.jpg

Note the brown tips
20200507_161520.jpg

17 days ago they were much nicer...much smaller area of brown tips and the yellowing was only the very bottom leaves and nothing on the buds.
20200421_185316.jpg

Some yellowing started with having greener veins and then the whole leaf yellowing.
20200421_185307.jpg
20200421_185250.jpg

EDIT: Here's a shot with just the LED (at full)
20200507_165744.jpg

I'd say you have been over feeding it. I'm taking down my GT tomorrow (69 days post flip) and it never got more than 5.75g/gallon MC only. Never asked for more from looking at the color of the leaves.

My leaves are going brown and crusty recently from PM and everything I've sprayed for it, especially the 50/50 milk solution!

Here it was yesterday:

Took a look at trichs today and I see quite a few amber. Just seems like it's way too early. Will overfeeding cause early maturation? I mean if this is really a GT plant, it should have another few weeks at least, not to mention it's way more than half white pistils still too. Hard to see the amber in these, but at this stage I didn't expect ANY amber...

20200508_122014.jpg
20200508_121849.jpg

Amber on the sugar leaves always happens first, so most folks look for ripeness on the calyxes. I haven't heard of overfeeding speeding up the ripening process.

Are you thinking of flushing out the soil and re-starting at a lower nutrient level, or any other changes?
No, I don't intend to flush. I've only been using mega crop and based on how I understand amino chelated nutrients are created and used, there shouldn't be any build up in the soil. i may be mistaken of course. I intend to just reduce the level of nutrients by half first and then add back in over the next two weeks. I can't say it looks like much has changed except most of the yellow leaves have died and fallen off. The progression of the yellow up the plant seems to have stopped though and whatever fan leaves remain are maintaining the color the already had.

By the looks of those pistils she still has a ways to go.
Yes, given only half the bud has changed color I would expect another two weeks at least of maturation. I was surprised at how quickly the white turned to orange for that other half and that's what concerned me. Since giving a lower concentration of nutrients the last two feedings it appears to me that maybe they have slowed down and there may even be new white hairs coming out. I'm reducing the lights on a little each day to get to 10/14 by next week so it will get finished quicker as I really just don't feel like managing this much longer. They've got the next two weeks or so to thicken up more I hope and I'd like to harvest this month if possible.

Back
Top Bottom