420 Magazine Background

Help please: White lines on lower leaves

Cordo

Hey,

I have some plants coming along outdoors. OK looking so far, except for this problem on the lower leaves that I noticed. Looking for advice on what is causing this. (Pics below)

Info:

Strain - Unknown ("Hybrid Weed on My Patio")
# of Plants - 5 total, 3 affected
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative, ~5 weeks old
Lights - Outdoor
Nutrients - Soil only
Medium - 75% fertilized soil 25% perlite
PPM - unknown
PH - unknown
RH - 50 to 60%
Temperature - 80-95 F day, 60-75 F night (outdoor)
Pests - None Known

Problem: As seen in the photos, the lower leaves on some of the plants have white marks/lines.

Looks like pest infestation in the leaf? But... I have also noticed that the bottoms of the stems (only some), closest to the soil, seem to be a bit hardened, 'husking off' almost, slightly orange/white. This made me think it might be a fertilization or nutrient problem. The stem thing is not necessarily related, main issue that has my attention is these lower leaves.

Any ideas?

xwr0We2.png

SsNPjXQ.png

AORrqDV.png

Highpotanoose

Looks like leaf miners

SoilGirl

Definite leafminers, I've been dealing with these little shits for a few weeks now. These seem to be a problem in the southern U.S. Right now I'm growing outdoors in potted sunshine mix #4, between a few other non-cannabis gardens. I first started noticing those little squigglys on some squash and tomatoes that we're growing. Then they just spread EVERYWHERE, including my beautiful ladies.

What to do: first, cut/remove any leaves with the squiggly lines, those are where the eggs are, they literally eat their way out from the inside from what I've read.
Next, I tried some eco-smart organic spray with neem oil and peppermint oil (and a few others, as well I mixed in some habanero sauce), both on my plants and the other plants in the garden, and saw a definite reduction in the next few days. I did a repeat application in 3 days, didn't see any more of these for a long time.
Then, about 10 days ago, I found a squiggly -.- on my lady. fortunately I just received my Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad I ordered and applied it immediately. Since then No More Squigglies! Try the MGIS or a neem-based spray or these suckers can really spread, and both those are totally organic.

Top Bottom