sammyT

how do I become a legal marijuana grower ( for large quantities) to be able to supply to doctors and pharmacies in Michigan. I live in Michigan on 10 acres of property and was thinking of growing for medical use but to supply it directly to the physicians and pharmacies. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it. Do I need to apply somewhere, where do I start??
Thanks
Sam

how do I become a legal marijuana grower ( for large quantities) to be able to supply to doctors and pharmacies in Michigan. I live in Michigan on 10 acres of property and was thinking of growing for medical use but to supply it directly to the physicians and pharmacies. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it. Do I need to apply somewhere, where do I start??
Thanks
Sam

HI SAMMY!! :welcome:

if you have time, click on the link in my signature. there's some cool Michigan MMJ stuff in there. on tuesday (4-20) im doing a video feed and harvesting a pretty big plant from my room. if you have a chance, check it out...... there will be a member of the board of the Michigan MMJ Association in attendance answering questions in real-time. gonna be pretty cool and very helpful!!

once again... :welcome: to 420 ..... if you don't find what you are looking for..... find me.

as far as i know u cant supply pharms and u can only grow 12 plants per patient and u have to have patients in order to even start to grow

Whitewidow45 has it right. There doesn't seem to be any provision in the law for someone to just be a grower without being a registered user and/or caregiver. Also, growing outdoors could be tricky, since the law says the plants have to be in a secured locked area.

The following is just my understanding on how it would work while following the laws of Michigan the best you could. Once there are some test cases we will all know for sure, but until than it is all up to interpretation.
You would have to be a part of a co-op which is a group of people providing the necessary materials to produce a common good, the good being marijuana. The co-op is just a group of patients and growers legally connected to the co-op. So you and your 5 patients would become a part of the co-op this allows for you to sell your meds directly to the co-op. The co-op than sells the green you produce to your patients, and to everyone else who belongs to the co-op

Now if you do not have any patients you can contact the dispensary telling them you are a grower, and that you’re interested in providing them meds. This would mean that the co-op could sign (x) amount of patients over to you, allowing you to start your grow. The only thing being if you don’t have any patients, you better have some amazing evidence that you have the skill and the equipment to provide, because this business is risking 60 plants worth of meds for 3 months on you

This is all just in theory anyway, because they don’t even know if P2P transfers are legal in Michigan, and if that’s the case dispensaries would only be legal if the caregiver sold only to their patients at the dispensary. There is already one guy who was brought down for having a smoking club where caregivers sold to their patients, and he is now facing multiple felony charges. This law was rushed through, and is a half assed piece of legislature. There are other ways to legally produce on a large scale.

Read the law, smoke a bowl, and get creative on how you can grow to the legal max and sell every gram of it. It takes a lot of creative thinking, but I have a nice plan worked out.

*Secured locked facility could also be a green house*
I would love to have that much land to build green houses on. Hell build green houses on your property and lease them out to growers $$$. See that idea only took a second seconds, and would allow you to grow out side and let you profit off your land.

Thanks
Sam

First off your getting ahead of yourself

As it sits now pharmacies cannot dispense cannabis nor can doctors at best you can grow for 5 individuals 12x5 = 60 plants total but be very aware that LEO in michigan have shown time and time again that they are very anti cannabis legal or not and its a risky thing to take on in the current lay of the land.

Back
Top Bottom