Help please!

Olusha

I'm new to this forum and I've spent the past few hours reading and making notes about things. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates on this forum and to anyone who answers any of my questions. I really appreciate this site already!

Here's my issue...my brother in law was growing for 3 yrs. with his buddy. They got popped by the feds last year so we moved the operation to a new location. Before we started, it seemed clear to me and my sister that we could expect an ounce per plant after harvest from AK-47 and white widow plants.

Apparently there was something wrong with the moms, because our first three crops in the new space only produced about .10 oz. per plant. Seriously ridiculously pathetic.

We got new moms and the last crop looked good. Then we dried it and still ended up with only .25 oz. per plant. My brother in law is claiming that it's not an exact science, that there's no possible way to predict yields, but from everything I've seen online, .25 oz. per plant is not good.

Visually, the plants look fine. There are no spots on the leaves, no yellowing, no insects, etc. I'm attaching pics to this post.

Strain: AK-47 and White Widow

How many : 96 plants on a 13 ft. x 5 ft. table

Indoor

Soil Mix: sunshine number 3

Pot Size: 6 inch

number of lights: 3 1000 watt

air cooled? : yes, we have 4 fans on the walls

temp of room: room kept at 75 degrees

rh of room: 85% when lights are off, 55-60 when lights are on. no problems with mold, my bro-in-law says the higher humidity when they aren't in light shouldn't be an issue.

ph of medium: 6.8

pests: none

how often watering: every 3-4 days

type and strength of fertilizers: Sensi bloom a & b. we fertilize 3 times and then water with none two times. then we fertilize 2 times and water without 3 times in a cycle like that.

Total size of room: 150 sq. ft.

We have room for another table, but I don't want to start using it until we figure out what we're doing wrong.

We have a CO2 burner.

I took the pics during the day, when our lights are off. Sorry if they aren't good enough.

IMAG00135.jpg
IMAG00116.jpg
IMAG00124.jpg

maybe you should try out some new nutes. do some research on that. that could be ur problem

ps the post right under yours is great

i'd go with bigger pots......but thats just me....

Ok, a few things here. Your RH (relative humidity) is very high. Ideally in veg 60%-80% is a good average range. In bloom 40%-60% is a good average range for RH. Second, try veging your plants a little longer to grow bigger plants to increase yield. As someone already suggested bigger pots dont sound like a bad idea. The thing that concerns me most is your PH range. 6.8 for soiless media is way too high. More than likely the plants growth is being stunted from nutrient lockout. Flush the pots with nutes PHed within the prescribed range. Try 6.0-6.5 range and make sure that your PH meter is properly calibrated. You can test it by using distilled water or a 7.0 PH reference solution. I use straight Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil and keep my PH at 6.3, hope this helps some. :peace:

Thank you!!!

You said 6.8 is too high for soiless medium, but aren't we growing in soil? I'm confused.

We should lower the ph of the soil to 6.3? We'll try that.

Veg longer, bigger pots (maybe), lower the humidity and the ph of the soil.

These are great suggestions, thank you.

My mistake. I was under the wrong impression. I just looked up sunshine #3 mix. organic peat based. Sorry for the confusion. I only remember seeing a greenhouse grow use this before. I'll try and get the link for you to see what he did. He grew some beautiful girls. Name of the grower is MoslowJJ.

6.5-6/8 my friend....check the runoff....some mixes have alot of peat...breaks down inaprox 4 weeks....its common......causes PH bottoming

Ok, I just checked Moslowjj's journal and saw that he used sunshine #4 not #3. I wish I could be of more assistance but I don't know much about sunshine mixes. I tried. Dunno what the difference between #3 and #4 is but here's the link anyhow > First greenhouse grow sunshine mix #4. There may be some useful info in there somewhere. Good luck to you. Marvin seems to be on point here. U should listen to him. :peace:

The plants look slightly spindly and skinny from the pictures. I don't see any fans, they must be out of the shot?

Any how, I would spread all the plants you have out on another tray with more light to spread them out, mj plants like to have room on all sides. If not they will have to compete with their neighbor for light. Try less plants spread out slightly more to allow better light penetration! BTW... What's your approx. wattage/sq. ft?

Okay so 3k over a 15 x 5 is only granting you 40 watts per sq. ft. 50 is considered the least that you want. A 1000 typically covers a 4x4 section. If you could split the plants up between two plants and put another 3k after spacing the plants apart I would assume you would get at least one ounce per plant, especially with co2!

Our table's actually 13x5, which gives us 47 watts per sq. ft. We don't have room for another light, nor can we afford 4 lights per table.

You mean grow half the number of plants on the same size table? I can see taking SOME off (even though my bro in law had no problem pulling an ounce before with the same exact set up) to spread them out a bit more but growing half the amount of plants even if it doubled the yield would put us in exactly the same spot we're in now. It would increase yield, but not "fix" the problem.

We've got some clones in now that we're going to try vegging longer than we had been. We're gonna put up some reflective surfaces on the walls, get our dehumidifier fixed and make sure we look at the trichs closely before we crop next time. If that doesn't get us up to at least .5 oz. per plant, I'm gonna try to find some new clones.

Maybe we should remove a row too...spread them out a bit more.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Yes I didn't mean to get rid of half of them, but if you could add one more 1k lamp, you could perhaps make the rows narrower than 5 foot and add some space between the plants. Do you train at all? I run 60 trained plants in a 20 x 10 (with 2 foot walk way in the middle so really 20 x 8 of growing) room with 8k. They are topped at about 3 weeks to produce a large bushy plant averaging about 4 oz.

Yes I didn't mean to get rid of half of them, but if you could add one more 1k lamp, you could perhaps make the rows narrower than 5 foot and add some space between the plants. Do you train at all? I run 60 trained plants in a 20 x 10 (with 2 foot walk way in the middle so really 20 x 8 of growing) room with 8k. They are topped at about 3 weeks to produce a large bushy plant averaging about 4 oz.

WHAT?? You get 15 lbs. out of 60 plants? How long does THAT take?

Train? I'm not sure what that means, so we probably don't do that.

We were going to start running a second table in that room, but if we could get 4 oz. per plant by spreading them out and using the entire space with just one more light and we'd end up with 15 lbs., that's a WAY better idea.

Back
Top Bottom