Help please!

magicpuff

Ok, Im new to this site but not new to growing. I have much success in the past so I do have some knowledge. I did have to stop growing for about 5 years for certain reasons. I have recently started again all new equipment and new clones. My problem is spider mites. Ugh! Hate the bastards. I had to harvest my crop early as I was afraid of loosing my crop. I have totally sanitized and disinfected my room and equipment bought some more clones in August and guess what happened Spider mites again! I did use some insecticidal soap and do have the problem under control for now, but Im now having some leaf curl cant figure this out. I was so successful 5 years ago now it seems I cant do anything right. Any suggestions will be considered Please Help!

Re: help pleaz!!

You would/will receive more input and advice if you post some pictures. Also will need your stats of your grow. Such as tempature, soil or soiless grow?, lights, feeding scheldule, etc etc. As for spider mite control, I purchased some lady bugs and threw them in the grow room. Seemed to work for me.

CGs

First time I grew indoors, we got spider mites at about week 2 of flowering. Back then (early 90's), info was hard to come by. We weren't really sure what to do.
Woke up in the middle of the night, a few nights after we first saw em, bugs everywhere. I flipped on the light and was shocked to see ladybugs in a literal blanket in the upper corner of my bedroom. Turns out the spider mites (likely) had come from my neighbor, who had a problem a few weeks earlier. He bought thousands of ladybugs from somewhere and released em into his growroom, which was about 15 linear feet away from my growroom. We figured out later that the ladies chased the mites out of his house and into mine... where they ended up finishin em off.
Was pretty cool, and super convenient! :)

Thank you for your responses! To Caregiver I have a hydro system no soil. I use a high pressure sodium 1000 watt light bulb in my hood, temp in my room stays at about 72 degrees I do use an exhaust system that goes under my house. I use Rockwool as my medium and have rockwool formulated nutrients that are new to me as I cant get the Turbo nutrients Ive used before. I use a Truncheon stick to measure the nutrients keep them between 6 and 8 ppm. I usually add the nutrients as needed (usually when i have to refill my tanks). And will try to get some pics posted for u asap. To Snub, I have used ladybugs! I can go to a local organic shop and buy 1000 ladys for about $8. But they all died like 2 days later. I cant help but feel like the clones already had them when i bought them. I do have them under control now but now i have the leaf curl, Im at a loss on this one could be that my nutes are to high? or overwatering as I have been keeping them sprayed with water to keep them moist because I know mites dont like wet. but now what? any help is appreciated

Caregivers, I posted some pics in my gallery. Im new to this site and havent figured out how to navigate it. I hope you see them and can help me out. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom