Help Please!

mimilo

Hi everyone!!... i have 5 plants in flowering(5 weeks)... yesterday i add some cfl in order to have more light... but i didn't realize that i left them on!!.. so the plants get almost 20 hours of light....
what should i do??... wait 12 hours of dark and then continue with the 12/12 cycle??... or just leave normal ( they`ll get 4 hours of dark in that way)... i am really in panic!!!
Ill appreciate any help.. thanks!!

A made up word for 'hermaphrodite' and often used by those who need a shortcut. Sadly when many growers find a few seeds in their harvest they claim their plant became a hermaphrodite and often blame a tiny light leak in the tent, the cabinet, the room, or where ever the plant was being grown.
Right, and there is a difference between a true hermaphrodite (both male and female flowers in roughly equal proportions) and a plant throwing male flowers late in flower due to some stress. A true hermie is that from the jump.

IMHO, light leaks causinig hermies happens much less often than people think. It's a handy scapegoat for bad genetics or other stressors.
Yep, the handy scapegoat as an easy way out of a situation that some do not understand.

Everything I have deliberately tried with light leaks, leaving lights on and more, has failed to cause a plant to start growing some balls or more politely said, some male flowers.

The flowering tent lights come on at 5:05 am and go off at 4:12pm. The vegetation area lights come on at 5:15 am and go off at 11:00 pm. So far in this flowering session "light stress issues" have included :

*The typical light leaks in the seams for the door, windows, and vent flaps which I do not bother to fix.
*Ceiling vent that does not close all the way because the light cords go through it.
*Left a large gap around the ventilation duct that is still there but not connected to the filter, etc.
*Every night there is an opening at the top of the tent door (for ventilation) which is a major source of light from the vegetating area in the same room.
*Left the tent door open all night so the vegetation area lights lit up the inside of the tent with enough light to read a book until the vegetation area lights went off. This has happened 3 times in the last 8 weeks.
*Left the tent door wide open and the ceiling lights on all night at least once.
*Opened up the tent door during the night stage and turned on room lights to check something several times.
*I often open the door early to get that chore out of the way. That chore is often done while the door between the room and the lit up basement is open and at least one room light is on.

If the theory that light causes a female Cannabis plant to start growing some balls and within a week or two throwing pollen is true then I have yet to see it happen even once in the last 5 years and 175 plus plants.

Yes, at harvest I have found the occasional single male flower barely sticking out a bud and maybe a seed or two. When this happens I do not feel that 2 seeds in an ounce is a sign that the plant turned into a hermaphrodite as if by magic.

Bad stress will do it every time! ✌️
I do not believe that there is any stress involved. If it was stress then the worst stress would be when someone harvests the plant and then puts it back through the steps to re-vegetate the plant so they can then go through flowering again.

In all the times I have read about re-vegetating a female plant not once has the grower come back and said that the plant started to grow male flowers. If stress really caused the plant to grow male flowers then there really cannot be anything more stressful than that.

Even just removing 30% of the leaves during some sort of defoliation process has to be a major stress worse than leaving the light on overnight. Yet growers keep cutting off leaves and the plant never stresses out.

Idk ive put many plants in into revegetation matter of fact i do a run inside and then usually put the flowered ones back outside in the spring just got to time the inside grow right so they turn normal before they flower matter of fact i just did it last summer with a Blu berry og and a Gorilla Zkittles i get 2 harvests off 1 plant if I like it (can do them 3times but they get weak after the 2nd Flower) and if i liked it the first time when i reveg i take clones I didn't get any hermies they did just fine! The Hermie's came in flower o an inside run i gave them to much stess

Idk ive put many plants in into revegetation matter of fact i do a run inside and then usually put the flowered ones back outside in the spring just got to time the inside grow right so they turn normal before they flower matter of fact i just did it last summer with a Blu berry og and a Gorilla Zkittles i get 2 harvests off 1 plant if I like it (can do them 3times but they get weak after the 2nd Flower) and if i liked it the first time when i reveg i take clones I didn't get any hermies they did just fine! The Hermie's came in flower o an inside run i gave them to much stess
and if i liked it the first time when i reveg i take clones I didn't get any hermies they did just fine!
Yes, no hermaphrodites and no outbreak of little male flowers. I figure that re-vegetating a mother has to be a lot more stressful than leaving a light on overnight or turning the light on in the room to take a photo of the plant.

If you can do something as stressful as harvesting and then going through all the revegetating without a ton of flowers and seeds why is something like a light leak or other light issue going to cause the plant to switch over to male flowers?

Yeah its the BAD stress I think when you're flowering the plant . I don't think they turn "Hermaphroditic" but they stress out so bad when flowering due to environmental issues that's well outta range for long periods that they just put out a few male pods not necessarily a true hermaphrodite but nature being nature trying to stay alive ✌️. My opinion about Hermie's

Yeah its the BAD stress I think when you're flowering the plant . I don't think they turn "Hermaphroditic" but they stress out so bad when flowering due to environmental issues that's well outta range for long periods that they just put out a few male pods not necessarily a true hermaphrodite but nature being nature trying to stay alive ✌️. My opinion about Hermie's
And weak genetics to i think for a true hermaphrodite

Back
Top Bottom