Help please

So I'm testing the run off water ec not before I feed them. As you said to lower it get more run off? Also not giving them enough to get runoff yet ain't they too young for that much water?
Absolutely! Which is why I also posted this info to reduce the EC with just the Canna A/B mix.

The target values for EC are between 1.1 and 1.3, for the pH, between 5.5 and 6.2. Very high EC values increase the risk of burning symptoms. To limit the risk of burning symptoms, the COCO can be rinsed with acidified water containing Coco A/B nutrient at an EC of 0.65 (pH 5.8).
This way the plant still gets some food but you are dropping the EC down with lower values.

no ph water after the nutes are added and don't worry about the amount of water , with the perlite in the coco ,it dries very quickly hence the need for watering daily , don't worry about the ppm or ph of the run off , the coco will condition itself to the ph going in , being 5.9 in will be 5.8-60 coming out , those are good numbers. Water left over night will only remove the chlorine and NOT the chloramine , chloramine is what most municipalities use now as a bacteria killer , google your municipalities name on water control it will tell you weather they use chlorine or chloramine , this is important to know , only a r.o.system can remove the chloramine , some special carbon filters will remove chloramine also but they get real expensive as to having to replace them frequently . i would use rain water before i would use tap water , if this is a option for you but you will need lots of it .

i have never used the canna nute line before but i am sure it must be close to other companies nutes just watch the leaves for symptoms , yellow -feed , brown tips -back off on the nute strength, the really nice thing about coco is if a problem does show you can fix it almost immediately as you are watering(feed ) daily ,

Just for your info @leafy86

Washed & Buffered
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use. ... In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.
That's what I thought

Canna coco is pre washed and pre buffered , i have used it many times all i ever do is run about 3 gallons of plain ph 5.8 water through it just to be safe before i put my plants in it .with coco i use 1 gallon pots to start out my plants in then move to 7 or 10 gallon pots as their last pots .60 /40 coco perlite mix on both .

I also add about a 1/2 inch of pure perlite to the bottom of my 1 gallon pots only as it makes it alot easier to slide my small plants out when i am moving them to their 10 gallon pots and it helps to not damage as many roots on the re pot time .

Back
Top Bottom