Help please

OIFVET79

@Emilya @oldsmokey @CO Finest
Ok, been applying small amount of nutrients every so often, past couple weeks (pics of nutes used attached).
Plant A has come a long way and think I have her stabilized. Plant B seems to be stabilizing and hope not getting worse, but pics of leaves and concerns of what signs she is showing, but I'm struggling to figure out.
Plant C was having no issues until yesterday morning (plants morning). Plant C had 1 fan leaf showing some lightness to color, just barely.
So I used both containers of nutes, upped the amount from what I was using, mixed in spray bottle (w/water ofcourse lol) and wet 1st inch of soil (I did the "spray feeding" in evening, when they started looking a little droopy).
My reason for spraying is, they were fairly light, but didn't want to "over water" as I understand water logged roots won't absorb nutes, along with oxygen. They take maybe 2 -3 days to be dry and light from feeding (still working on wet/dry cycle).
Anyways lost AF....I THINK..lol....I'm about 4 weeks (??) from harvest and don't want to lose my personal stash!
Few more photos will be added in comment section, since I can only add 10 at a time.
Now remember, my first grow, lots to learn still and I'm doing my best..I have thick skin but to anyone not named above who chooses to help but act as though this is personal and I'm an idiot for not knowing any better, please keep moving :cool:

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    684.6 KB · Views: 48
  • nutes2.JPG
    nutes2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • nutes3.JPG
    nutes3.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 50
  • nutes4.JPG
    nutes4.JPG
    608.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 3ladies.JPG
    3ladies.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 52
  • A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 47
  • A2.JPG
    A2.JPG
    887 KB · Views: 52
  • B1.JPG
    B1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • B2.JPG
    B2.JPG
    909.6 KB · Views: 51
  • B3.JPG
    B3.JPG
    761 KB · Views: 49
@Emilya @oldsmokey @CO Finest
Ok, been applying small amount of nutrients every so often, past couple weeks (pics of nutes used attached).
Plant A has come a long way and think I have her stabilized. Plant B seems to be stabilizing and hope not getting worse, but pics of leaves and concerns of what signs she is showing, but I'm struggling to figure out.
Plant C was having no issues until yesterday morning (plants morning). Plant C had 1 fan leaf showing some lightness to color, just barely.
So I used both containers of nutes, upped the amount from what I was using, mixed in spray bottle (w/water ofcourse lol) and wet 1st inch of soil (I did the "spray feeding" in evening, when they started looking a little droopy).
My reason for spraying is, they were fairly light, but didn't want to "over water" as I understand water logged roots won't absorb nutes, along with oxygen. They take maybe 2 -3 days to be dry and light from feeding (still working on wet/dry cycle).
Anyways lost AF....I THINK..lol....I'm about 4 weeks (??) from harvest and don't want to lose my personal stash!
Few more photos will be added in comment section, since I can only add 10 at a time.
Now remember, my first grow, lots to learn still and I'm doing my best..I have thick skin but to anyone not named above who chooses to help but act as though this is personal and I'm an idiot for not knowing any better, please keep moving :cool:

Attachments

• B4.JPG
    B4.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 39
  • C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    778.6 KB · Views: 42
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 39
Whats the water pH before you add anything?
Is it tap water from the city or the well?

What size pots?

Whats the soil mix?

Plants look like pH issue with the water and/or root bound.

You need to water to run out then let the pot dry some but not all the way. You're in flower now so its going to be very very difficult to over water. Easier to overthink.

I think they look a bit light... a bit hungry. If it were me, I would stop feeding lightly and see what regular feeding does for their color.
So use both containers of nutes at recommended strength..correct? :morenutes:

Whats the water pH before you add anything?
Is it tap water from the city or the well?

What size pots?

Whats the soil mix?

Plants look like pH issue with the water and/or root bound.

You need to water to run out then let the pot dry some but not all the way. You're in flower now so its going to be very very difficult to over water. Easier to overthink.
I ordered a tester that tests for ph..umm and 3 other things..anyways I get it this saturday so I can check on all that.
3 gallon pots/fabric
fox farms ocean forest organic
I have a culligans water system that filtrates using UV light, reverse osmosis, sediment filter and couple others, plus salt container that softens the water. Water is from private water source, not local.
Thankyou for your feedback as well.

Salt from water softener - is it applied after the RO filter or before??
I believe it's before. Does salt have to do with pH levels? Or could it be a salt build up in my soil that's an issue?
I need a beer lol

Nailed it yes if the RO filter is BEFORE the water softener yes you will have built up salts in your soil over time.

Depending on how much softening is being done (how hard the water is originally), the build up could take a long time for softer original water.

"Usually" the RO filter is AFTER the softener and before the UV lamp.

Since you're in flower its likely your pots are too small. 3 gal pots I use for VEG then up-pot to larger containers +5gal before flip.

With that soil mix you dont have enough nutrients to get you to the finish line so as @Emilya suggested - try a normal feeding and use more water more frequently.

Add a fan if you dont have one already. The fan helps with transpiration and water uptake and with the water more nutrients.

Check your pH but likely its ok or you'd have had an issue before this.

Nailed it yes if the RO filter is BEFORE the water softener yes you will have built up salts in your soil over time.

Depending on how much softening is being done (how hard the water is originally), the build up could take a long time for softer original water.

Since you're in flower its likely your pots are too small. 3 gal pots I use for VEG then up-pot to larger containers +5gal before flip.

With that soil mix you dont have enough nutrients to get you to the finish line so as @Emilya suggested - try a normal feeding and use more water more frequently.

Add a fan if you dont have one already. The fan helps with transpiration and water uptake and with the water more nutrients.

I'll contact culligans to see if it's before or after the RO filter.
Have 2 standing fans....1 is on 24/7 and I have 2 dehumidifiers 24/7
So if I do have a salt build up (just incase)...anything I can do to fix it, maybe a flush? Or too late in to flower and I would risk losing nutes?
Now to clarify...with what you and @Emilya are saying...more frequent water/nute feedings or more plain water feedings or both?
Thank you for your help and patience!

Culligans ran me through process: Goes through initial filter for any particles from well water, then water softner..salt is only used to keep water softner free of build up crud, then UV followed by sediment filter, carbon filter and finally RO.
So I'm guessing she might be root bound?
Would aerating the soil do anything?

Not really if she's root bound and i bet she is you can transplant them if you are comfortable or just use your organic nutrients full strength every other watering.

I'd transplant but I've done it with very large plants but its always iffy for plants in flower.

Just up your nutrients... be like feeding the plant instead of feeding the soil that feeds the plant.

Next run have 5+ gal pots and up-pot before flowering and you wont run into this issue.

Learning .... in flower they like a lot of water cause they spent a good bit of time in VEG growing roots and shoots.

You will be ok... check your pH for shits and giggles to be sure you're ok 5-7.5pH is fine.

Not really if she's root bound and i bet she is you can transplant them if you are comfortable or just use your organic nutrients full strength every other watering.

I'd transplant but I've done it with very large plants but its always iffy for plants in flower.

Just up your nutrients... be like feeding the plant instead of feeding the soil that feeds the plant.

Next run have 5+ gal pots and up-pot before flowering and you wont run into this issue.

Learning .... in flower they like a lot of water cause they spent a good bit of time in VEG growing roots and shoots.

You will be ok... check your pH for shits and giggles to be sure you're ok 5-7.5pH is fine.
So the ladies appear to be on the road to recovery!!
Was wondering, yesterday and today...2 of my plants are top heavy ( :cheesygrinsmiley: )...do you think I should assist her somehow or just let her keep herself up on her own? Thank you all again for helping me get these beautiful plants on the road to recovery!

Top heavy is a thing.... nothing to do really stake the plants put something like a rock beside the container to keep it from tipping over. Its only gonna get more top heavy. Which is a good problem to have.

Top heavy is a thing.... nothing to do really stake the plants put something like a rock beside the container to keep it from tipping over. Its only gonna get more top heavy. Which is a good problem to have.
Thee best problem to have lol Got my tester today pH is 7, tester showing low on nutes. Other day I loaded up with nutes, this morning soil read as completely dry, so just fed them water (used tester to say when "good" on water). Do you think I should up my nutes next feed or just feed em nutes every feed? Thanks again!

Oh yeah, they have this almost "fruit loops" smell....can't wait to light that up lol

i'm organic grower so very little experience with nutrient feeds. I do know that you should not let your soil dry out.

Keep it moist at this point you have flowers so you should likely water every day. I water every day 2x a day now in late flower. You cant over water now so water more often and more water.

For nutrients I'd stay your course the plants wont need as much in flower as in VEG. They will begin to use up the stored energy in the fan leaves and the fan leaves will gradually begin to fade to yellow and fall off. Thats ok its good! Its actually better and more efficient for the plants to translocate nutrients from the leaves to the flowers instead of from the roots to the flowers.

I'm in the last phases of the fan leaves yellowing (and purple) now and they are falling off every day and its about time to chop!

i'm organic grower so very little experience with nutrient feeds. I do know that you should not let your soil dry out.

Keep it moist at this point you have flowers so you should likely water every day. I water every day 2x a day now in late flower. You cant over water now so water more often and more water.

For nutrients I'd stay your course the plants wont need as much in flower as in VEG. They will begin to use up the stored energy in the fan leaves and the fan leaves will gradually begin to fade to yellow and fall off. Thats ok its good! Its actually better and more efficient for the plants to translocate nutrients from the leaves to the flowers instead of from the roots to the flowers.

I'm in the last phases of the fan leaves yellowing (and purple) now and they are falling off every day and its about time to chop!
I don't think you could have put that any better for me and now I better understand what's with the fan leaves. Brilliant! :D

I used to truss my plants up and use bamboo to keep them supported... then I tried tomato cages. OMG, it is like they were made to grow cannabis. Using those cages, the plants CAN self support... you can even throw your plant tape away.
Next grow I'm all over the tomato cages. I ended up using my plant ties that were still attached to my pot for LST and bam...she's up lol Thank you Emilya :)

Back
Top Bottom