Help please

Dddlondon

420 Member
Hi guys I'm growing for the first time 4 plant (critical+2.0) in a 1.2m2 x2m tent with a 600W lumii black hps. Biobizz all mix soil, no nutrients and tap water to adjust ph of 6.3. The plant are 16 days old. We are trying to keep humidity between 50 to 60 % temp 27 degree. One plant looks happy but 3 of them are looking like they having an nitrogen excess. Im trying to understand what im doing wrong and how to fix. Reading some here i thought could be overwatering, could be? Thanks.
Also we keep the humidity up with an humidifier in the middle of the plants.

IMG-20201125-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20201125-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20201125-WA0023.jpg

Hey Dd,

Welcome to 420! Agree with VetSmoke on watering habits & Bluter on another biobizz nute issue!

You’ve got some cupped leaves heat or light stress but I suspect you are watering too often - not letting the soil dry out completely.

Those containers look funky, maybe it’s the angle of the picture..... if that’s a wide but shallow container they may hold moisture too long if not enough drain holes or not properly spaced.

Can you shoot a better pic of the containers?

Hi guys! Thanks for the answers. We put the light back at 80 cm so temp would be around 25 degrees. We waters them once a day, we start with 250 ml for pot (14l) now half liter, from yesterday we stopped and we will try wait until they ask for water from now on. We already thought about cfl lamp for next round, 300 w would be enough for all rhe tend? Light pictures on the way.

Newbies routinely make the same mistakes.
We see them here every day here, really.
AND, we have ALL done the same mistakes ... because at one point we have all been newbies.
No shame in that.

What are the common mistakes? It boils down to one, really: too much love.
We love on and fuss over our plants too much.

Too much water,
Too much feed.

Less common, but still happens (usually after fixing the two above) is:
Too much light
Too much heat
Bugs, pests.

If you can successfully navigate the above five issues you will be qualified as a 'master grower'.
Easy eh?

Read. Study. Discuss.
Check out all the articles and discussion on this site.
Then go to others.
Read. Study. Learn.

Get a PPM meter. Learn how and why to use it. ($20).
Get a Ph pen. Learn how and why to use it ($100).
Only water/feed when they want it - when soil is no longer damp.
Learn and establish a pest control management program.

Plants that size should be able to go 5 days easy with no water. When top of soil is dry, the bottom is still wet. The soil never has a chance to dry out all the way to the bottom, roots can’t breathe in wet soil. Think they are under watered? Take those pots and tilt them at steep angle, prop them up tilted so they won’t tip over, leave them propped at angle for an hour. Your container should pee some water out, that’s the perched water table where water is held in suspension by the soil. If you have done this now you’ve reset the perched water table to a more normal level. Don’t add water for at least 5 days maybe longer, look for leaves to wilt slightly then wait another 12 hours or maybe even full day before adding any more water.

you are loving her to death with water....Also can you raise the containers off the ground so there is airflow under them? Last - if the floor is a tile floor or a concrete slab under your tent both are very bad - it’s way too cool regardless of temp the flooring will suck the warmth out of your plant

either one of these are bad - weed doesn’t like cold feet nor does it like wet feet

Have a read of this great piece put together by @Emilya. Follow that and you can't go wrong.

Plants that size should be able to go 5 days easy with no water. When top of soil is dry, the bottom is still wet. The soil never has a chance to dry out all the way to the bottom, roots can’t breathe in wet soil. Think they are under watered? Take those pots and tilt them at steep angle, prop them up tilted so they won’t tip over, leave them propped at angle for an hour. Your container should pee some water out, that’s the perched water table where water is held in suspension by the soil. If you have done this now you’ve reset the perched water table to a more normal level. Don’t add water for at least 5 days maybe longer, look for leaves to wilt slightly then wait another 12 hours or maybe even full day before adding any more water.

you are loving her to death with water....Also can you raise the containers off the ground so there is airflow under them? Last - if the floor is a tile floor or a concrete slab under your tent both are very bad - it’s way too cool regardless of temp the flooring will suck the warmth out of your plant

either one of these are bad - weed doesn’t like cold feet nor does it like wet feet
I read this and immediately got all my babies off the cement floor. Now I am in for building some subfloor in my 2x4 tents to finish this off. :thanks: you for the guidance - I listen!

Also, how right you were. MY potted plants in my first crop are good to go, insulated by the pot at least. The girls in fabric bags had two on wooden subfloor and two on cement. The girls on wood, warm and off the floor were dry throughout but the fabric bags left a wet puddle as I pulled them out indicating that the cool floor had kept the moisture around teh roots at the bottom. Thanks to you I'm pretty sure I got them before it caused a problem. Many thanks.

Welcome. READ the grow journals. Look for the winning journals. They have absolutelky amazing set up and operational guidance. Plus, you'll find mentors - those kind enough to shared years or even decades of experience. Here's the one I found most useful for me when I started... Emilya

Follow the ones you like, they are a welath of information. Post your questions for real time answers (people here are amazingly supportive).

Congratulations, you found your tribe. :Namaste:

Excellent on getting them up off the floor deal - DRey!! Yep it’s a heat sink & sucks the life out of stuff. That’s water vapor coming up out of the ground & I guess unless you are in desert regions it will kick your butt!

I’ve got this snap together foam block play floor tiles, 1/2 a sheet of 4 X 8 foam, then my tent, then a cut down pallet, then a kiddie pool, a plant spacer for air flow and then my buckets!

Under the tent is moquette. I dont think they are cold on the bottom. The pot is around 3.5 gallons (14 liters) next grow we gonna do more steps of pots.after we wait the plant are thirsty how we can decide how much water to give? Which voltage do you suggest for a 1.2m2 x 2m tent cfl light (we are thinking lumii 300)

Back
Top Bottom