Help - Questions

syttonk

Hey all.
I have a couple of issues and need some input.
I have just started my last week of flowering and actually started my straight ph water flushing last night . I am using the Botanicare hydroponic system. I am using a 10 gallon reservoir, grow tray with fill & drain fittings. I am a using rock wool and clay rock medium, an a Active Aqua submersible flood pump & straight ph water. My concern is the past 8 1/2 weeks everything seem to be working fine. I started straight my 5.5 ph water flushing last night.

I checked on my ladies about 7:00am this morning to find about 4" of standing water in my grow tray not draining from it's last watering at 4:00am this morning. I checked the drain and nothing seemed to be clogging it. I twisted the fill drain off and it started draining I inspected the pump, filter, impeller, drains and reservoir for debris or clog. None found and everything seemed fine. I turned the pump back on manually just to see if the grow tray was draining which it was. so I took both fill and drain fittings off and pump out and cleaned them thoroughly even though there was no physical signs of clog or debris. I put them back on and tested the pump and drain once again all seemed to work fine.

So now I have a couple questions of concern.
1. Will it affect my flowering plant root system from being in water the 3 hours. As i said I am using rock wool and a clay rock medium. It's not much of a medium and the flower pots do drain rapidly. So should I turn off the water pump timer and let them dry out for a day, or go on as usual as if nothing happened. The plants look great no signs of leaf drooping ect. I am also using 4 fans 2 blowing air in and 2 sucking the hot air out. So I have plenty of ventilation in the grow chamber.

2. Has anyone encountered this issue previously in the past of what could have caused this. Maybe an air bubble in the drain ? Possibly the pump defective. Common law of physics tells me that gravity should pull the water down the drain. Unless there there was some sort of debris or obstruction in the way blocking it from draining, or the pump could be defective in some way and not turning off or letting drain. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks your friendly neighborhood grower syttonk.
Grow-room-1.jpg

Are you using Botanicare pro grow and bloom or do they have a different line for hydro?
We're new to growing and are on our second grow.

We also use Botanicare pro grow, Botanicare pro bloom and the pure blend tea.

How do you like the nutes and how many grows do you have using it?

No I don't use the Botanicare plant nutrients, formulas or grow products. That's for the - $RICH$ - Joking. But seriously I do prefer the Botanicare reservoir and grow tray flood system. It is one of the better products out by Botanicare for water feed Hydroponics in varies sizes. The system you see in this pic is a 10 gallon system. I also have a 40 gallon Botanicare flood system pictured in this post.

But as far as plant nutrients I use General Hydroponic dry plant products from the beginning to end in my grows. I use Maxi-Gro in vegetative, Maxi Bloom in flowering and KoolBloom to enhance my bud size, quality & yield in the last 2 weeks of flowering. I'm not to sure about Botanica, but I know General Hydroponics has product lines out for both water or soil feed.
20160703_134721.jpg

Back
Top Bottom