Help salvage this salvaged plant!

Hi Blue/all!

The plant is doing much better than before. Its growing again, and the new growth is a lot better. But it still seems to be lacking something, there is a fair bit of yellow still developing.

Yesterday afternoon I topped up with bout 1L in this 4.5L bucket. Resultant pH @ 5.9 and EC of 702 (slowly taking the EC up, last topup resulted in an EC of 634)
Today morning the EC was @ 707, and today evening the EC is bout 712 and the pH @ 6.1

Any advice appreciated!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Excellent!
So immediately I have calcium nitrate, part of a 5 part nutrient solution that I got free with something... Images 1 & 2
I can also order for weekend delivery NPK 3 part solutions. Please advise.

1 CN.png 100-ML-ALL-low-size.png 1.jpg 2.jpg

I also have with me Advanced nutrients Jungle juice 3 part, which I intend to use for a fresh grow I have just started. Could you please please please show some love there too ??? I should've posted in the DWC threads, its lost in the growers forum!

Yup. ill be using jungle juice for new grows, but would you advise my switching over on this grow ?
It would be great if we could get it to work with the local nutes, long term savings would be massive.

For now, and this grow, should I change over to the jungle juice ? Or carry on with the local nutes, seeing how they react after i added Calcium nitrate ? I dont know how much to add, so started small with only .5ml/L
Should I order the 3 part NPK nutrients ? For micro I could perhaps add the Micro solution from the nutes being used in this grow ?

I know this is taking your time, and I am truly grateful!

Ok great! Thanks.
I have already added some nitrogen I would like to think. Let us see.
For my new grow i will be using the Advanced Nutirents Jungle juice, see how that works.
Im now gonna request the mods to move the other thread into this forum too... The growers forum is too busy, and my thread gets buried! :(

Hi Blue, all!

Quite excited to think that the new growth is doing a lot better. Overall the plant seems greener.
Ill be mixing a fresh res today, I could, targeting an EC of around 1, use the local nutes which will include additional 1ml of Calcium nitrate in bout 5L of water. Does this sound ok ?

Alternatively, I could very well switch completely over to the Jungle Juice line from Advanced nutrients. What would you suggest ?

If I go with the local nutes, Ill mix Nutes -> Calcium Nitrate -> Grow -> Bactorr 13 -> pH down.

Cheers!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hey! :)
The Bactorr 13 I think helped! Not pure white (and the manufacturer said not to expect this), but all the dark slime that had started developing in patches stopped progressing. I feel the roots which are completely submerged cleared out, the one dark slime patch which developed in the root area above the water level still remains. Comparison pics.

Also edited my last post to ask if I should perhaps switch over to the Jungle juice line ?

Posting root pics next.

Hello!

So yesterday I changed the res with a fresh batch of nutes, and used the AN Jungle juice line. So far it looks good, the new growth is looking healthy.
But what truly threw me off was the recommended dosage by AN.

I used 5ml each of Micro, nutes, bloom in 5L water to get an EC of 1.2
According to the manufacturers feed chart, I should be using about 20ml of each! This would send the EC to the stratosphere I would imagine! So what gives ? The manufacturers may have an interest in us using more nutes than required, but if the plants die...

Annotation 2020-01-13 134026.jpg

Thank you Blue!
I can assure you that doing homework and actually trying to grow have been very different things. I've mostly been fumbling my way around! But I think I'm getting it now. Hehe.
The pics above don't show it, but there is plenty of air movement. I have a fan in the cab plus in and out fans.

I'm quite concerned with the leaf color and the spotting..

And a very merry Xmas to you and all too! :)

thanks again!
You should look into mega crop. I use it for soil but I've seen journal evidence this product is a one all product that should take you to harvest in hydro or Coco.

Back
Top Bottom