HELP Save Ready 2 Harvest*MULT SIGNS*DISEASE OR PESTS? *EXPERTS OPINIONS NEEDED*

wtfruthinking

Strain - Kona Gold Hawaiian- Sativa
# of Plants - 6
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower (estimated time to harvest in 2 wks)
Setup - drip
Light - 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PPM - 1300
PH - 5.5
RH - 45% to 50%
Room Temperature -65 to 73
Room Square Footage - 10x10
Pests - Unable to detect with naked eye or magnifying glass

PROBLEM: There are several issues that are occurring with both the flowering and veg rooms. 2 weeks before harvest and I'm not sure what to do or where to even begin. Signs begin in the Veg room but at one point the humidity level was hard to control and was only at 20%. I assumed that was the issue when these signs occurred. I have since corrected the humidity level and the problem is still occurring. It seems to slowly spread. Is this a nute lockout, pest, disease. Since I'm so close to harvest I'm not sure what the heck to do... What about my veg room? 1 leaf in the veg room started to show signs so I cut it off.

SIGNS: (sorry for the millions of pictures but i figured the more the better)

1. Leaves curl and dries to a crisp
  2. Red/Orange spots
  3. Yellowing occurs around the edges of the leaves
I'm having a yellowing of my leaves with a dotting effect that continually gets worse until the leaf dies. No signs of pests

DSCN3629.JPG

DSCN3631.JPG

DSCN3628.JPG

Flower_3_20_10.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_26_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_27_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_28_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_29_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_32_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_3_.JPG

Flowering area is 20ft away from the veg area. Because I'm so close to harvesting I'm not sure what to do since I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST and OFFERING YOUR ADVICE..
:smokin:

Re: HELPP Save Ready 2 Harvest**MULT SIGNS**DISEASE OR PESTS? *EXPERTS OPINIONS NEEDE

Strain - Kona Gold Hawaiian- Sativa
# of Plants - 6
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower (estimated time to harvest in 2 wks)
Setup - drip
Light - 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PPM - 1300
PH - 5.5
RH - 45% to 50%
Room Temperature -65 to 73
Room Square Footage - 10x10
Pests - Unable to detect with naked eye or magnifying glass

PROBLEM: There are several issues that are occurring with both the flowering and veg rooms. 2 weeks before harvest and I'm not sure what to do or where to even begin. Signs begin in the Veg room but at one point the humidity level was hard to control and was only at 20%. I assumed that was the issue when these signs occurred. I have since corrected the humidity level and the problem is still occurring. It seems to slowly spread. Is this a nute lockout, pest, disease. Since I'm so close to harvest I'm not sure what the heck to do... What about my veg room? 1 leaf in the veg room started to show signs so I cut it off.

SIGNS: (sorry for the millions of pictures but i figured the more the better)

1. Leaves curl and dries to a crisp
  2. Red/Orange spots
  3. Yellowing occurs around the edges of the leaves
I'm having a yellowing of my leaves with a dotting effect that continually gets worse until the leaf dies. No signs of pests

DSCN3629.JPG

DSCN3631.JPG

DSCN3628.JPG

Flower_3_20_10.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_26_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_27_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_28_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_29_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_32_.JPG

Flower_3_20_10_3_.JPG

Flowering area is 20ft away from the veg area. Because I'm so close to harvesting I'm not sure what to do since I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST and OFFERING YOUR ADVICE..
:smokin:
Hey, how's it going ?? I'm still playing in dirt and if i was you, i'd ask roseman for advise !! Good luck !! Looks like over fertilization, but i can't be sure. Roseman is the true master of hydro !! :reading420magazine:

Re: HELPP Save Ready 2 Harvest**MULT SIGNS**DISEASE OR PESTS? *EXPERTS OPINIONS NEEDE

A good rule of thumb to remember, When leaf curls DOWN, it is getting too much food.
When a leaf curls UP, it is not eating or consuming what it is being fed. So that is my first guess. Your leaf pics are not showing nute burn, the yellowing did not just start on the tips. The SPOTs are the biggest clue, next to your statement that the pH is 5.5.

2nd, I found a pic, identical to your leaf pic and it said (this is a copy and paste):

Leaf Curling Up Combined with Spotting - Leaf curling up can be a sign of a Magnesium (Mg) deficiency caused by too low of a pH level. Magnesium deficiency will show as a yellowing (which may turn brown and crispy) and interveinal (in between the veins) yellowing beginning in the older leaves. Interveinal chlorosis (yellowing) will start at the leaf tip and progressing inward between the veins. It could also be a sign of excess heat and humidity in the grow room.

Your Heat and Humidity is OK.

I also see some leaves that are large enough for me to assume they are FAN leaves. Those yellowing and cripsy FAN leaves are what most growers call normal and natural due to being in Flowering, although I say it is because of a low level of Nitrogen in the Flowering Nutes.

Friend, I've been on grow sites 4 years now, and I've seen this so many times, I am confident of what the problem is and what you need to do.

You got nute lock, or nutritional lock-out.

Imagine I sit a plate of a hotdog, a hamburger, and a slice of pizza (my grandson's favorite meal,) in front of my very hungry grandson. Next to the hotdog, hamburger and pizza is a large serving of brussel sprouts and I tell him to eat the brussel sprouts first before he can have his other favorites . And he says "if I got to eat that crap, then I am NOT eating"! That is nutritional lockout, when the plant says I CAN HAVE WHAT I WANT SO I AM NOT EATING!

Plants eat different nutrients at different pH levels. I could show you two charts from two sources that say a plant will not eat Mg unless the pH is at 5.8 to 5.9 at the lowest. Lower than 5.8, your plant is not eating ANY Mg and thus the spots, yellowing and dieing of leaves that ought to not be dieing yet.

You could add some Cal-Mag, but that would not be the real fix.

The real fix is a Drain and Replenish, use 3/4 the normal feeding amount for the first day, and adjust the pH to stay closer to and average of 5.9 and 6.0, allowing it to go from 5.5 to 6.9 as it wills, then bring it back to 6.0 once a day.

Back
Top Bottom