Help: Seed Problem

Theweasel5587

420 Member
So I started 4 different strains of auto flowers seeds. I germinated them and when they started to sprout I put them in seed pods in a tray. There under a seedling grow t5 Grow light inside a tote. The temperature is around 75-80°f. I waited 7 days and seen no sign of growth so carfully dug soil out to look at the seeds and them seen to have stopped growing. None of the tails we're and longer then when I planted them in the seed pods. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to try and save them? Thanks in advance for any advice

What method did you use to germinate them? Did all 4 not grow? Unless they are all VERY old sounds like a technique issue.

Maybe 1/8 inch tops into the seed pod an tail down. On 2 of them the seeds turned like a brownish color. The other 2 the tails are still white so I tryed to replant them an see what happens

I have had that problem more in the last few years then I ever had. For years I grew bulk regular seeds so lots of seeds were lost. Never paid much attention to it. Now that I am using more store bought seeds I notice it more because every seed has value.

My best guess is that it is hastily made or badly made seeds in most cases. When you see how well made seeds do in the same environment it is amazing. When outlaw genetics perform better than store bought stuff there is a problem.

I have found this same thing from big companies as well as the smaller ones lately. Something I didn't notice before. Cheap seeds that are bad are just part of that gamble.

Maybe it is us, probably it is them. All the time here you see seeds that don't pop out of the soil when it seems the person did the exact right thing. Lots of factors could be the reason.

Back
Top Bottom