Help! Seedlings are falling over

BlazinD

I germinated 30 seedlings about a week ago and put them in soil (FoxFarms OS) I started them on 2 48" 40watt floros two days ago...they were already an inch and 1/2 above the soil before I put the lights on them...today I woke up and a few were bent over no longer standing straight up. I had to tie two of them up. I was going to get those big plastic throw away party cups and transplant them in there with only about an inch of the original stem above the soil...will these keep them upright? I don't know what to do...I think they are stretching but I have them really close to the floro's 2 inches away... The seedlings have the four leaves on top and are about 3-4 inches tall. I don't know what to do..I will post pics...any help will be appreciated.

DCP_2013.jpg

DCP_2011.jpg

DCP_2010.jpg

DCP_2009.jpg

DCP_2008.jpg

DCP_2005.jpg

DCP_2003.jpg

Re: Help! Seedlings are falling over...

Thank you guys...that's what I thought I should do, but I wanted to make sure first...thanks!!

stoner makes a good point, you never mentioned how close your lights were. cfls dont get hot so you should keep them right up on the plants but not touching the leaves. Although i have started seeds that for some odd reason ,even with plenty light a couple would be climbers and stretch past the light.

In addition to moving the lights closer, add a fan so a breeze is blowing over the plants. In nature the plant stems are naturally strengthened by the wind. Also, you will need more powerful lights if you hope to grow even half of those into full flowering females. The lights you have now are adequate for veg. growth but will barely work at all for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom