Help! seeds arent germinating!

gfo1

Im a newb at growing so it could just be me being impatient but i put my seeds in a mug with water around 22 degrees(C) left for a few hours then gently tapped the seeds to make them sink.a day and a half later no reaction from them, they are just sitting at the bottom!! could they just be dud seeds? I did order them from a seedbank so i thought they would be reliable to at least seed. any help would be appreciated.:thanks:

I think most people let them soak for 24hrs. I don't usually use this method. I prefer the paper towel method. My suggestion would be to take them out of the water and put them in a damp paper towel, and then put them into a dark container. Then place them on something warm... like your cable box.

Thanks for the replies greengo and Ms.Fox! Just put the seeds in damp paper towels and put on top of my fish tank! Hopefully they will germinate sooner than 7 days!

eh yeah it is, the light and heater for its gives off enough heat at the top of the tank so i assume that will be ok... just checked the temp, it says its around 29 degrees so around 84 fahrenhiet

thanks for the help ms.fox the seeds germinated now,well the tap root emerged anyways!hope that counts!:p what im wondering is if i can put the seed in a pot now and leave under cfls? or do i need to leave in pure darkness(in soil) until a seedling emerges then put under the lights?

Will gfo1 I put mine in water over night and then planted them in 16 oz dixie cups and put a 80 watt fluro 3 in. above them and just contiued to spray the soil to keep it moist and I had 100% germ and green sprouts in 2 days. So yes u can put them in soil if you want just dont put them in too deep b/c it will just take longer and make the little sprout work to hard to find the light

ok cool thanx justjr27! :D just put them in pots around half an inch down, the soil is moist and i have a few 21watt cfls so hopefully get the same results as you!

yea u should be ok I didnt even put them 1/2" under i just made sure the light wasnt hitting them that they were in comlpete darkness but 1/2" is fine too

yeh that's what i have and its around 22 degrees Celsius(the soil).
thanks for the info couldnt find the info in this site so helped me ou, im a newb so trying to get everything right first time around!:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom