Help setting up veg/flower rooms

earlystart35

Hey all . I just put my 4 plants into 12/12 2 days ago. They are in a 3 x 3 tent with a 600 watt. So I just got another 600 that I am gonna use to keep a constant harvest going. So here is my thing. I posted a pic of my soon to be flower room. It is a closet in my one bedroom apartment. I have some mylar I plan on hanging to make it closer to 4 x 4 ft. Right now the closet is 5 x 5. As you can see in the pic, there is a attic in the closet. Not really an attic, but just the rafters of the apartment or whatever. I looked up in there and it must go over each of the 4 top apartments here. So my plan is to exhaust up there. How would I set this all up? I have 2 600 watt lights, 6 in vent hose, duct tape, one 400 cfm fan, one 200 cfm fan one carbon filter, and 3 x 3 tent. I plan on veg in tent, flower in closet. I am a little worried about venting above all the apartments in the attic. I live in Oregon and In a few months I can have 4 plants growing legally, but still don't need neighbors asking landlord why it smells like weed in all their homes. So that is a concern. It will get warm here soon and this place is a little sweat box so a/c will be needed soon also.

Ideas how to set this up? Right now I just exhaust into the living space of my apartment. Id like to have it all conected so one line is sucking heat off both lights and into actic. I am sure you can get what I am trying to do and can offer some tips.. Thanks all
IMG_019938.JPG

No ideas?? I am going to need something to put on the closet opening to make it light tight in there also. I thought I could get some sheeting of some type and cover the closet opening and just put a 6 in duct and fan to pull fresh air in, and then have a fan and scrubber inside venting the air out the top hole...Any tips? Ideas I can use to set it up and seal this closet and still get fresh air in??

Ehh... Your a in touch place I may say... In the attic do you see any metal vents or plastic ones that lead outside? Not the right way but could possibly get you by... But not the right thing to do. I have my exhaust duct leading to my dryer vent duct. One room in the house smell like it for some odd reason but you could find yours and lead to it but air flow facing away from your dryer. Hope you understand. Try and stay away from air purifiers around the ladies.

A decent carbon filter will eradicate any odor coming through the out take fan vent. So that doesn't have to be an issue at all. You will be bringing quite a bit of humidity into the attic. That might be sort of ok depending on how it's constructed, and how much ventilation was built in to the house. Better to run the filtered air right through to the outside if possible. Or there's a chance it may end up dripping wet up in the attic, depending on the situation.

If you have the skills it's pretty simple to build a wall, 2x4 and sheetrock, across the front of the closet and put a door in. Or you can use plastic to wall it off and buy some of those stick-on zippers for a doorway.

Get in that attic as previously stated. I bet you can exhaust somehow up there out the building. In a situation like yours led down the road may be best. However I strictly use hortilux eye 600 watt hps and dual lumatek ballasts
In veg I use t5
I had to spend 7gs on ac so in your situation you may want cooler lights. I'm not an led owner or fan btw

Back
Top Bottom