Help so with bubble cloning please

kingmayfair

Hi there I want to build a small bubble cloner ( 1 gallon ) and don't no what pump to get a know everybody say bigger is better but a don't want to get wan to small or to big as it is a small cloner Ano it it something like 2Lpm for every gallon of water in a dwc or am I gettin it wrong from what I've read But as this is a cloner do you need it to be more air per gallon or jst the same ? I can't seem to find any sort of rule to go by except from bigger is better and that dose not help much wen try to figure out what pump to buy Could any one help me on this please As I have not had much lluck cloning in rockwool or soil for some reason But wen I had a shot of a friends eZ cloner had about 80% root every time but don't want to go and by one as I don't have the money for one

The first time I cloned I used a 2 10 inch air stone for 11 plants in a small 1x2 bin, Had roots pretty fast, two of the clones didn't seem to grow but are still alive today. Air pumps are cheap at least around here, at pets mart you can get an air pump from 12.99 to 32.99 I use a 4 port 170 gallon air pump for my main grow and a 2 20 gallon 1 ports for my cloner when i tried a DWC cloner. You really want as much air as you can get into your water, I would suggest a larger air disk or a bubble wand which can be found at pets mart, these get bubbles distributed better around your water which is what you want.

If you want to go BIG hydroponic stores sell very large air pumps and a wide selection of air stones/disk/wands etc

check my journal link in my sig just made some new cuttings I throw it in my diy bubble cloner
no need for water pump just air
the other thing you need to realize is when you use a waterpump it adds heat to the res and you have to spend more to set it up
an airpump some pucks airlines and a small bucket if its not lightproof just cover it with black duct tape
its all in my currect journal and took pics of it this past res change since I fired it back up
low cost low heat
roots in 7-10 days
if you wanna go even cheaper just throw the cuttings in a cup of water just making sure you do water changes daily or at least every 2 days lots of people use the method and it works and you don't spend a whole bunch of money

Back
Top Bottom