Help! - Split Main Stem When LSTing - 3 Weeks Into Flower

JackWeed

Knew it was too good to be true....noticed that she's slowed down growing and not stretching as much as she usually does when watering and feeding...this I've noticed since last watering, which was 3 days ago (she was fed yesterday)..anyway, took it out to remove a few dead leaves from bottom and noticed I must have split the main stem when tying her down a bit:

Sweet_Cheese_-_Split_Main_Stem_1.JPG
Sweet_Cheese_-_Split_Main_Stem.JPG

She's nice and green and still healthy looking, and where it has split has dried up a bit. Anyone know if I should just leave her be now, or try and push the two stems back together in the hope they'll fuse back? We're 3 weeks into flowering...

I do that all too often. I use pipe cleaners to lash the area together wrapping around the bases of the closest branches. I've tried tape but it only comes in two kinds- not sticky enough to work, or too sticky and impossible to undo when you need to. The split is always vulnerable to us bumbling around and making it worse.

I find they don't tend to split till the stalk gets a bit older and woodier. Maybe it's because I put my screen on late and that's when I manhandle them more. When I look at the direction of the split though (lengthwise obviously :) )it looks to me like it's not doing any real damage. If it can be tied up without constricting the plant in the future then I think it's still at 100% health.

Back
Top Bottom