Help! Strain: Blue Dream

WestBlunts

Info:
-Blue Dream
-Sprouted from seed 7/18
-Outdor potted FFof soil

I just transplanted her 3 days ago into some FFoF soil and when I checked on her today her water leaves were drying up/burnt and her first set of True leave had burns on the tips :shhh::confused::hmmmm: Her nodes were all good though.
I heard Ocean Forest can run a little hot so can the burns be from this? And recently temps for this outdoor grow have reached 110 daily or can it befrim this?

What can I do to prevent any further harm??? Any help is highly requested, respected & Appreciated! Pictures up Tonight.

Where did you transplant her from? Was she sprouted indoors then put in the FFOF and put outside or has she been in the same spot the entire time?

Also did you water during the daytime?

Info:
-Blue Dream
-Sprouted from seed 7/18
-Outdor potted FFof soil

I just transplanted her 3 days ago into some FFoF soil and when I checked on her today her water leaves were drying up/burnt and her first set of True leave had burns on the tips Her nodes were all good though.
I heard Ocean Forest can run a little hot so can the burns be from this? And recently temps for this outdoor grow have reached 110 daily or can it befrim this?

What can I do to prevent any further harm??? Any help is highly requested, respected & Appreciated!
True leaf 1
burn27.JPG

True leaf 2
Burn18.JPG

Where did you transplant her from? Was she sprouted indoors then put in the FFOF and put outside or has she been in the same spot the entire time?

Also did you water during the daytime?

From a 2 unknown soil mix to the FFoF (I kept her in the same pot though, so basically a soil change) She was sprouted outdoors in the 2 unknown soil mix I've moved her locations once. & the day I changed the soils (4days ago) I watered her and yes it was day time.

watering during the day is bad. The main reason for this is because if water gets on the plant the light will magnify on that spot and burn it. It is better to water at night or at least in the early early morning before the suns too hot.

However when you moved her did you move her from a place that was not getting full sun all day (perhaps near a tree were it got shaded occasionally, or on the side of a building that blocked a lot of sun), to a place that now gets more sun? possibly more mid day sun, which is when the sun is the most heated? If so I suggest moving it under a tree until this heat wave subsides.

Its possible its from the soil. But the rootball is in the old most likely more mellow soil. Which makes that less likely.

I suggest you water at night and dont over water. Also put your plant under a tree or something similar where it only gets filtered light. Do that until the temps are in the 90s. If it is from the soil it will work itself out as long as you dont over water. Eventually the plant would be able to handle more nutes anyways.

However when you moved her did you move her from a place that was not getting full sun all day (perhaps near a tree were it got shaded occasionally, or on the side of a building that blocked a lot of sun), to a place that now gets more sun? possibly more mid day sun, which is when the sun is the most heated? If so I suggest moving it under a tree until this heat wave subsides.

The first location she was at (when she was in the 2 unknown soil mixes) from sprout until mabey day 14, she would be shaded for the first half of the day(Because of the heat) and once the sun came around by like 5pm she would get full exposure. After I moved her she was getting full exposure from sun rise until sun set.
I pasted that from one of my old posts ^^ should further inform you some though.

I suggest you water at night and dont over water. Also put your plant under a tree or something similar where it only gets filtered light. Do that until the temps are in the 90s. If it is from the soil it will work itself out as long as you dont over water. Eventually the plant would be able to handle more nutes anyways.
And will do bro :peace:

I almost guarantee it was the full sun.

The 5am-10am sun is mellow and unlikely to burn 11am-4pm is full blasting then 5-8pm is pretty mild. Bigger more established plants of the right strain can handle the mid day sun even during 110 degree days. My Chem D seems to thrive with it even. But other plants I keep under shade or trees because they prefer less light.

Some indoor growers will have you believe that more light is better. This is just simply not true. There is such a thing as too much light and it happens often with the sun. During the heat the problem amplifies. So filtered light especially for smaller plants and sprouts is your friend.

A tree that does not have too many leaves is a good spot because some light trickles through all day.

But a plant only getting 3-5 direct hours of light is totally fine outdoors. They still get secondary light even if they are in full shade.

Hi mate, how are you?
Well sorry to see your girls not happy atm! Sometimes if the transplant was rough, it may slow her down for day or two, and as said - what soil did you put it into? As you dont need any strong nutes for her yet..
The temperature may be a little high, and if theres little humidity the plants will dry out fairly fast in direct sunlight. And you also dont want the soil getting really warm and bone dry, even if you just lightly spray the top soil every few hours or so with water in a spray bottle.. I used to get some fine mosquito mesh, put a few stakes around it and then attach the mesh to the posts so it covers over your plant. Not only does it provide a little shade, it also helps stop any flying pests from crashing into her and having a snack:)
Hope that this may help you a little?? Take it easy and hope all goes well:thumb:
Later buddy, SMOKEMUP;)

Hi mate, how are you?
Well sorry to see your girls not happy atm! Sometimes if the transplant was rough, it may slow her down for day or two, and as said - what soil did you put it into? As you dont need any strong nutes for her yet..
The temperature may be a little high, and if theres little humidity the plants will dry out fairly fast in direct sunlight. And you also dont want the soil getting really warm and bone dry, even if you just lightly spray the top soil every few hours or so with water in a spray bottle.. I used to get some fine mosquito mesh, put a few stakes around it and then attach the mesh to the posts so it covers over your plant. Not only does it provide a little shade, it also helps stop any flying pests from crashing into her and having a snack:)
Hope that this may help you a little?? Take it easy and hope all goes well:thumb:
Later buddy, SMOKEMUP;)

Thank Bro, and I put her into Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Back
Top Bottom