Help think ive killed my plants

bonerdude29

Hi there, i am a first time grower and set up my grow room in my built in wardrobe, using the top part for vegging(250 cfl 6500k) and the bottom part for flowering 600w cool tube hps. They are a week old and had been doing fine till this morning, when they have just flopped over. i have germinated them in root riots with a drop of superthrive. i have an oscilating fan in there and now have moved them 12 inch to the light. the root riots were quite wet so i have squeezed the excess water out of them. The strain is barneys laughing buddha. i had been spraying them with water every 3-4 hrs cause of the heat issue( was 90 but managed to get to 75-80). is there anything i can do or should i just start again.
2012-07-20_10_03_40.jpg

Re: help think ive killed my plants.

if you plant in soil try to get them potted as close to the leaves as you can. maybe it will support them untill the get there grow on:)

put a few supporting sticks in there to hold them up, also move your veg lights alot closer (I keep mine a inch - inch and a half) from them while vegging as you only have a cfl but 2 inch's should also be fine, if it doesn't work then you have probably had a stressed set of seeds (it can happen)

just re-read : you have over watered them, when vegging you do not have to water so often (until there big and have at least 5-8 nodes) just a casual sprinkle will do every 2-3 days.

Hope you save them babys (fingers crossed for you) :)

also evening fish cake :D

to you T.S

thanks a lot guys will try to get them to stand up with sticks when i go shop tomorrow. gonna see if they improve over the weekend, but ive all but given up hope. hope im wrong but ive made the classic beginners mistakes, overwater, panicing, light too far away and used expensive seeds instead of cutting/bagseed. oh well we live and learn. Im not giving up on this by a long stretch.:oops:

Re: Help think ive killed my plants.

they are most likely growing out the bottom an need transplanting ASAP as per fish cakes post

Re: Help think ive killed my plants.

Why are you feeding them so young? wait another 2-3 weeks before any 'food'....way to much water and way to soon, consider a softer light a 23 watt CFL, lets get them outta seedling stage before you go to veg stage

peace
"V"

unfortunately my plants have died. very gutted but this is a learning curve for me. i will take the advice on the cfl lamp cause i believe this was a factor too, lessons learnt from growing from seed 1. Dont overwater them 2. keep light closer 3. stop panicking 4. Leave propagators for clones.
Thx for the advice guys, i have 1 laughing buddha seed left, do u think i should pop it and make it a mother plant and just take clones??

Back
Top Bottom