Help: trimming advice needed

dakotamoon

I have this amazing Afghani Kush that is growing so well, it overwhelms me, when it comes to trimming.

The plant has been topped once, there are so many huge leaves, that are now covering up some of the buds, this is my first plant ever, so I'm a little nervous about trimming.

Advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

The AFKush is in the veg mode obviously, (42 days) - but today the plant is just wild!

Attachments

• AFKush Sept 27 - A.JPG
    AFKush Sept 27 - A.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 78
  • AFKush Sept 27 - B.JPG
    AFKush Sept 27 - B.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 80
  • AFKush Sept 27 - C.JPG
    AFKush Sept 27 - C.JPG
    743.6 KB · Views: 71
I am not sure if this is the best way, but I start plucking the lower 1/8 of the plant the last week and 1/2 of veg. I don’t strip, just a little here and there so I don’t really shock her. I continue during the first two weeks of flower. And remove some of those big fans that block other good bud sites. You can tuck them and see if that works but I just pinch them off. A little at a time. After the first two weeks of flower, I leave them alone unless the leaf is yellow or sick looking. Then, a week or two before harvest, I defoliate some more.

Like those main colas, I would remove one of the large fan leaves, that is above one of the lower bud sites. Then I would revisit the plant in a day or two and if she is doing good, I would get more out of the way. Nothing major, just a lite pruning. I like a healthy bushy plant, but want light to penetrate to all of those bud sites.

I am two and a half weeks into flower and I have pulled a 5 gallon bucket of leaves. They still look bushy but you can see the buds sites putting out pistols and able to get light.

Back
Top Bottom