Help trimming short bushy plant

I only grow my 4 legal plants. So I want to get the best yield possible. I top multiple times usually 3 times and LST I usually average around 8 oz pet plant. I usually veg for about 8 weeks. My experience is that fimming takes longer to recover than topping. IMG_20190722_160322.jpgIMG_20190722_160313.jpg
Very nice!

Yield = dry weight / time

Time is part of the equation, anytime you delay that hurts yields. I can do 7-8 zips dried in the can un-topped plants every 50-60 days.

Training is a thing. Works great. Here's an example of a cola that was super-cropped on the trim table. Without topping we can grow more weed. Its true.

I disagree. I top everytime, and I rarely get less than 6oz per plant. I SCROG so that helps. If you top you may get slightly smaller buds but you will get many more of them. I only top 1 time. Then theres SCROGing. It further accentuates the plants potential by giving all the branches equal light.

Un topped and obviously no SCROG, Lemon Skunk

This plant was topped and SCROGed. Both were Lemon Skunk by DNA Gen. Now, everyone knows seeds can and do whatever they want. Tlhe one below and the one next to it did 27oz total

The jars are the plant above. The buds on the table are from the plant next to it, it did a pound by itself.

Theres a whole lot more to growing big plants than topping to be sure, especially from seed, but I personally do it every time, and I really dont think I'm missing out

Yeah I’ve never vegged longer than 60 days in hydro regardless of whatever I’ve done to the plant
I have found some strains receptive to topping , training, others not so much . A legit fimming is a talent . Lots appear to be but in all of my attempts I will only claim to have done it successfully ONCE and she was a beast !!

Someone , LONG ago put the fear of god into me when they assured me all of my plants will triple in size once flipped .. so .. the morale of the story to each their own right ? ❤
I regularly veg for 2 months. And I recommend it... with certain strains. Read about your strain, not just a review. Look at those that have grown it. You will need to learn what is expected in flower so there are no surprises. I dont know what your grow room looks like, but consider if you have room for a large plant. If you're planning on growing Durban Poison 2 months isnt usually in the cards for a big grow.

This is one of my plants right now. Its 4.5 feet across. It has a ways to go. I grew this one large because I only have 2 plants this season.

You'll figure out what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom