Help Understanding EC

Ppm or ec or tds what method do you use

• Total voters
I think it means to just move the decimal place over by one. A long time ago I had a meter that had that 'x10' on it. Unfortunately it never worked so I'm a little hazy on real details and why they'd make a meter that requires doing the 'x10'. Google should be able to resolve that question.
All is not lost. At all
An EC meter is a perfectly good way to measure things. In fact it's the only way that ppm is measured. There is actually no such thing as a TDS meter. It's just an EC meter that multiplies the EC by 500 before displaying.

At least the ph and temperature are understandable. I'll just calibrate the tds meter problem solved lol thanks for all the input I understand tds ppm and ec the way they all work and I've Sean really grate videos on you tube but this dam x10 is taking me for a loop

So I've just received my new ph /temp/ec meter. I used ppm for a while now but with this new ec pen I'm confused ‍ what's the translation to ppm. Do you use ppm or ec. And how can I educate myself on properly reading and understanding ec
Hey man sorry late I have believe in ppm over ex they are the same thing essentially .
Ppm parts per million as your aware I’m sure by now . It measures your parts per million or I say how much food your putting in . During a plants life cycle it requires different cycles of ppm needed . There is a lot of great info on ppm out there . I would look at light Addict he has a great thread tutorial and cultivator knows his stuff as well . There are a lot of great help on here truly .

Also tip reminder autos do not need that much food in flower probably half dose through 800-900 is comfy for most growers again there are so many factors it can be over whelming remember your or alone .

At least the ph and temperature are understandable. I'll just calibrate the tds meter problem solved lol thanks for all the input I understand tds ppm and ec the way they all work and I've Sean really grate videos on you tube but this dam x10 is taking me for a loop
X10 means you’ve hit over a thousand ppm buddy more then likely :Namaste:

It says 10x sitting static with no buffer solution at all I've also read that it may blink after it hits that 1000 mark so I really don't know But this new 50$ pen won't hole its ph wtf

Back
Top Bottom