Help! Week 2 of 12/12 and some leaves are showing issues

Canobud

My widow plant is in ocean forest/perlite and has been watered with spring water and fox farms trio 1/3rd strength since roughly 3 weeks ago. It only needs watering twice a week, and since I alternate feedings it gets nutes once a week currently. It's been about a week and a half since flipping the lights to 12/12 (full spectrum LED). I went down to water/feed them today and noticed some damage on a few of the lowest leaves, and I'd really appreciate some expert opinions on what this is. This plant is incredibly dense, and I've removed a few leaves here and there that were yellowing due to complete lack of light exposure; however, this is the first time I've seen actual browning. To make matters worse we're going on vacation very early in the morning and won't be back until Monday afternoon, so it'll be unattended for the next 4 1/2 days. Any thoughts, plant gurus?

First, the whole plant...I misted it with spring water just before this photo:

IMG_294215.jpg

Now the bad:

IMG_293619.jpg

IMG_294112.jpg

IMG_293720.jpg

How long did they veg? How tall? Light set up?

FF has nutes in it already. Keep that in mind. About six weeks worth.

From seed to flower was a little over 60 days. It's approximately 12" tall and has been under 300w full spectrum LEDs which are 20-22" above the canopy. Temps have consistently been 65F at night and 78-81F during light time. RH 40-60%.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

From seed to flower was a little over 60 days. It's approximately 12" tall and has been under 300w full spectrum LEDs which are 20-22" above the canopy. Temps have consistently been 65F at night and 78-81F during light time. RH 40-60%.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hmm...sounds like a lot of good. My initial thought here would be too much nutes. Since you're leaving tonight, I'd flush,t hen let it ride. A few days won't kill it.

Posable alkaline condition. But if your PHing, then may I suggest Epsom salts and cal mag. Epsom also has manganese and iron for better photosynthesis.

Hi everyone,

I didn't get a chance to read through all the responses before we left for Denver but I'm caught up. We got back late Monday afternoon and the plants were wilting (the shorter/fatter one very much so) from lack of water amplified by tent temperatures that creeped up no higher than 90F. I gave them a good soaking with spring water and they perked back up in a few hours. This morning (Thursday) the soil was getting dry again so I watered them with 75% strength cal/mag, hoping it may help matters a bit. When I got home this evening I pulled the plants out of the tent for a better look under normal lighting. I'm growing concerned and hoping these later pictures may give you a better read on what they may need. The yellowing/discoloration is limited to the lower part of the plant where they get almost no light penetration. I added the CFLs back in today to help with light down there. Their last feeding (fox farms trio, 1/3rd strength) was 8 days ago. I'm at a point where I'm not sure if I have a nute deficiency or burn situation; any recommendations? I included an overhead shot from the tent to give you an idea of how cramped they are. Lesson learned...this really is a one plant tent.

Thank you for reading...I appreciate any advice you may have.

The whole plant:

IMG_302411.jpg

IMG_302311.jpg

IMG_302212.jpg

IMG_302114.jpg

I'm particularly ashamed of this shot:

IMG_301918.jpg

IMG_302512.jpg

Thanks, Nicestache. Will do first thing in the morning. This is my first grow; if I'm in week 3 of flower and do a flush, any idea how long it might be before I may need to start feeding again?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'd flush for a week and watch both the new growth and if the problem seems to be worsening. The yellow leafs won't heal. Watch for the spread to lessen.

If it does, apply one quarter nutes for a week. Then check back in.

That plant is fine. Sometimes the older leaves die off. It happens. Don't freak out..! I'd give it 4-5 days, maybe a week or so, keep an eye on it. If the yellow spreads upwards, then you can worry!
The rest of the plant looks great!

Been getting similar marks on my leaves. Noticed the tips on yours are hooking down like mine too.

I have come to the conclusion of potassium lockout from acidic pH. Have you been pH'ing you nutrient solution? What's the runoff pH?

My environmental conditions are similar too.

Been getting similar marks on my leaves. Noticed the tips on yours are hooking down like mine too.

I have come to the conclusion of potassium lockout from acidic pH. Have you been pH'ing you nutrient solution? What's the runoff pH?

My environmental conditions are similar too.

My probe says the soil is at 6.5; I didn't bother ph'ing the nutrient water or the runoff. The spring water I use for everything is 6.5.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom