Help! Whats wrong with my plant?

BrokeSmokes

Hey guys, new here and new to growing as well as this is my first time.

I am currently growing 3 plants. Starting them with 2x23w 6500k CFLs, in Miracle Gro moisture control. I am using an 18/6 light cycle for veg and plan to use 2700K CFL's for flowering. They are about 1 1/2 weeks old. I started them from the window for about a week. With all that said, it seems that 2 of my plants are doing very well. 1 of them seem to be really struggling, it looks shriveled up. Is there any way I can save it? Also, one of the good plants look like they may have been overwatered?

Any input/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

photo21_zpscb91c697.jpg

photo3_zps8ad72fb0.jpg

photo1_zps7e9645a4.jpg

Welcome to 420.

Better off with white plastic for reflecting, and you do not need foil on the floor, unless it is for cleanliness even then plastic would be just as good.

Your lighting is not an issue now but will be soon when the get bigger. You will need more then 2 lights in my opinion.

Miracle Grow is not good for cannabis, find a soil without slow release fertilizers in it.

And all your plants look good.

Awesome! Thanks, wow I really thought the 3rd plant was a goner. I was told on another forum that the 3rd plant appears to be searching for light. How much more wattage and what kind of bulbs would you recommend as far as keeping my eletricity bills low and still getting a lot of growth? I was thinking of maybe adding 2 more CFL's at 6500K.

And as far as the soil, what kind of soil should I get? Do I wait til I have to transplant it? and one last thing, when exactly should it be transplants

If you have the coin(and these are not terrible expensive) and space, I would recommend the florescent light fixtures in either 2 foot or 4 foot, 4 foot being preferred as it can cover more area therefore more plant as they bush out. T-5, T-8 and T-12 light fixtures are not terrible expensive. Buy daylight bulbs for them not the soft white or the kitchen and bath. One 4 foot T-8 fixture usually holds 2 bulbs which will be 40 watts per bulb totalling 80 watts. 2 foot fixtures also hold 1 or 2 bulbs but I believe they are 30 watts each. If you get the T-5 fixture get the HO(high output) ones, they usually have just one bulb which is 54 watts which will have stronger light for the plants. The T-5 2 foot lights are 24 watts. In my opinion the light fixtures are far superior then the compact florescent lights because the cover a much larger area and use about the same wattage.

As far as the soil goes, I have not grown in soil. I use a soil-less mix consisting of 60% peatmoss 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite, and add nutrients from a bottle. I prefer the General Hydroponics line and I need to add cal/mag to my water as well then I PH balance the water to approximately 6.0. If you start to use nutrients the transplant can wait till the roots fill the cup they are currently in, although you can transplant sooner when the roots have developed a little more. The only names I have really heard of as far as soil goes is Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog which are used at a ratio of 50%/50%. Again I do not use soil so you should do some research on the subject.

As far as transplanting goes. If you place your hand over the top of the pot with your fingers on either side of the stem(being gentle with the plant of course) of the plant and turn the whole thing upside down and tap the bottom of the pot you should be able to lift the pot off the soil without disturbing the soil(best to do this just before watering when the soil is mostly dry). What you should see is roots surrounding the soil covering between 30 and 50 % of the soil and you know it is time to transplant, after a few grows you will be able to tell by the size of your plants when it is time to transplant.

Back to soil for a moment, if you use the search function on the website you will find lots of posts on soil mixes and how to make ones specifically for cannabis.

Good luck.

I need some advice asap. I will be going to vegas for about 4 nights. I currently have 3 plants thats are 3 weeks old in a cardboard grow box with sunshield and foil tape covering the inside. The box has a whole cut out on top and a hole at the bottom for ventilation. A mini usb fan on the inside.

I am using 3 23 watt CFL Daylight 6500k connected to a extension cord with bulb splitters. I also have a digital timer set to 18/6 everyday.

With that said, I am concerned more about safety than the plant lol but i definitely want them living. They are 3 weeks old in the veg stage. I am considering only using one 23 watt cfl or even leaving the lights off although 3-4 nights is a long time i would think.

If I do decide to leave all three on or even one, how high should i place the lighting?

If I leave it completely dark for 4 nights, what will happen to them.

Is my grow box pretty safe? Are CFLs generally pretty safe in grow boxes?

Any help would be appreciated. Its pretty urgent. Thank you in advance.

If you have the coin(and these are not terrible expensive) and space, I would recommend the florescent light fixtures in either 2 foot or 4 foot, 4 foot being preferred as it can cover more area therefore more plant as they bush out. T-5, T-8 and T-12 light fixtures are not terrible expensive. Buy daylight bulbs for them not the soft white or the kitchen and bath. One 4 foot T-8 fixture usually holds 2 bulbs which will be 40 watts per bulb totalling 80 watts. 2 foot fixtures also hold 1 or 2 bulbs but I believe they are 30 watts each. If you get the T-5 fixture get the HO(high output) ones, they usually have just one bulb which is 54 watts which will have stronger light for the plants. The T-5 2 foot lights are 24 watts. In my opinion the light fixtures are far superior then the compact florescent lights because the cover a much larger area and use about the same wattage.

As far as the soil goes, I have not grown in soil. I use a soil-less mix consisting of 60% peatmoss 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite, and add nutrients from a bottle. I prefer the General Hydroponics line and I need to add cal/mag to my water as well then I PH balance the water to approximately 6.0. If you start to use nutrients the transplant can wait till the roots fill the cup they are currently in, although you can transplant sooner when the roots have developed a little more. The only names I have really heard of as far as soil goes is Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog which are used at a ratio of 50%/50%. Again I do not use soil so you should do some research on the subject.

As far as transplanting goes. If you place your hand over the top of the pot with your fingers on either side of the stem(being gentle with the plant of course) of the plant and turn the whole thing upside down and tap the bottom of the pot you should be able to lift the pot off the soil without disturbing the soil(best to do this just before watering when the soil is mostly dry). What you should see is roots surrounding the soil covering between 30 and 50 % of the soil and you know it is time to transplant, after a few grows you will be able to tell by the size of your plants when it is time to transplant.

Back to soil for a moment, if you use the search function on the website you will find lots of posts on soil mixes and how to make ones specifically for cannabis.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom