HELP.Why don't it smell

madAsh

Hi there...

I think my plant is almost ready for harvesting, but for some reason there is no smell ??? why is this ??? It's getting full of the little crystals the trichoms are going red/brow and its really really sticky.

I have no idea what type of plant ive got it was just a seed that i found in a bag of weed i got, and im growing it in soil under an envirolite

Can anyone shed some light on this please.......

Re: HELP.......Why don't it smell :( ???

Picture of my plant -
rsz_phone_pics_065.jpg

Re: HELP.......Why don't it smell :( ???

That plant doesn't appear to be close to being ready for harvest. The calyxes haven't even started to swell yet and the hairs are whiter than my butt.lol How are you looking at your trichs to determine color?
Rule of thumb....when the hairs have started to wilt and turn color start inspecting trichs for color. This link will tell you how to inspect trichs and shows pictures of what to look for:
How To Know When To Harvest

Now to the picture ...your link to the picture will be deleted. All photos have to be added to the gallery and get the site watermark added to them. this avoids them getting deleted at the other site and us ending up with a red "X" where the picture once was. Look in my signature. There is a link that walks you through posting pics.

And now the smell... some strains are not big odor producers and some don't come into their own untril after you cure them. Just give it time.

cheers for the help..... i dont think that was the best picture to show you really..

all the buds look like there at differant stages to be honest ! on some of the buds all the hairs are white and on others around half to 2 thirds are red/brow and my mistake, i meant the hairs are going red/brow not the trichs :)

another question.... any idea why the bud looks completly differant to the bud the seed came from ???

the bud you got the seed from was a pollinated bud, so it was producing seeds. the bud you're growing isn't producing seeds, so the bud gets time and energy to develop to its potential.

Its completely normal for all the buds to be at different stages, as it depends on when they started forming, the light they get, etc.

another question.... any idea why the bud looks completly differant to the bud the seed came from ???

Ever seen the movie "twins" that should explain it for ya. If you havent seen it, its simple in two ways. 1) clones are the only real way to insure identical growth, seeds work the same as any baby... you get what genes are given to you. and 2) if you have two identical twins, feed one burger king its whole life, and the other health food... do you think they will look the same?

Unless you clone, and have IDENTICAL grow operations, it will never look identical. Hope this helps

You need to let your plant grow longer before you cut. From what I have learned is that different strains smell less than other strains, some stink like a skunk when you walk in the room, others you have to stick your nose right up too it to even smell it
I've grow bagweed seeds that didn't smell as well, at least untell harvest,
when they where being cut and getting manicured
they stunk very badly

hope this help i'm really hight at the time being

does anyone think it's looking any good ?? and how long do you think i should leave it now ???

dude sup, do u have a microscope or a pocket scope to get up close and personal with ur girl? u need to be able to tell if the trichomes( the white stuff on leaves) are starting to turn amber/cloudy. that the best time to harvest, when at least 80% are amber/cloudy. and yes, it's lookin goood baby:smokin:if u want a up high then harvest when trichomes are 50/50. if u want a heavy high wait a lil longer. theres a post somewhere on here by medical marijuana that explains everything im talkin about. look for it . good luck

the buds look really good your plant is stretching a bit i think more light would help
next time. you need to leave it tell the trichomes (the white crytals on the bud not the hairs)
start to turn amber about 50%-60%, well give you a nice high i like it about 50%
if you want more of a body high harvest later, if you want more of a head high then
harvest sooner. when the white hairs start to change color, start checking
the crystals for color change they should start clear, then milky white, to amber

hope this helps a bit

Back
Top Bottom