Help: Wilting new clones, new grower

Brnwn4

Just got these clones Wednesday. It’s now Saturday. Car ride was kinda long when they’re were first cut. Buddy used clonex gel 45 degree shaved end and split middle? I have em in a tent in a dome with heat mat. At 81 f and 80% rh. They are still drooping and I know one is gonna die cause it’s not snug in the rock wool. And tips? We’re using a huge light cause we have nothing else. The 600w LED PAR600t 18 On 6 off

I'm just new to all this so keep that in mind...lol
When I see my clones like this I spray them on the leaves, but my leaves aren't cut like yours...this seems to give the plant some needed moisture it may not be getting from below.
I let my cubes go almost dry or watch for droop then I water, but I also use much smaller cubes that don't take long to dry.
Have the cubes dried up much or are they constantly wet/soaked?
And if one isn't right...just poke a new hole and move the plant over...they don't have to be in the exact middle of the cube.

These are cuttings, not yet clones....I make that distinction because there is usually (at least for me) a pretty decent rate of cuttings not taking root and dying. The dome and temps are good...RH could be higher...are you misting them? What is the final grow medium?

Cubes aren’t totraly dried out yet. Didn’t wanna move cut yet. Figured I’d just leave it be andbif it died it died lol. Idk how sensitive it is. I even told the guy to poke a hole fornit so it’s snug. I just want atleast 3 to make it. Light is like 2-3 feet away. We aren’t misting leaves. Only putting water on inside of dome. Suggest a grow medium? and maybe can someone suggest a light for me so I can buy it off amazon? Should I take heat mat off and most the leaves. I thought it was bad to mist leaves.

from what i've been reading there's way too much foliage on those cuttings? i thought you had to trim everything but the crown for fast roots.

So what do you reccomend?

all i can do is quote what i've read. I'm still a new grower but i have some very nice clones grown already. I think water temps above 76f are no good. and the main thing i've read is to trim everything but the very top growth the crown, you can do this anytime they are in the cloner if you didn't do it when you took them, and is supposed to help. try a couple and see if it helps maybe.

I've also found that the smaller the clone the faster it took. 3" and thin stem went fast for me. 6 days.

here's a couple pics of my first clone set up LMAO. ignore the crazy set up it's not needed although it worked great with the rapid rooters. but you can see how bald they are in the pics.

Attachments

• 20181230_212724.jpg
    20181230_212724.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 178
What was the ph of the water you soaked to rock wool in? Do NOT let them dry out at all. They need to stay moist while rooting. It also appears you have lots of fan leaf. We cut clones directly from the main stem. Remove all the leaves minus the top. The reason being we want the plant to panic and focus on root development and not feeding the leaf.

So
What was the ph of the water you soaked to rock wool in? Do NOT let them dry out at all. They need to stay moist while rooting. It also appears you have lots of fan leaf. We cut clones directly from the main stem. Remove all the leaves minus the top. The reason being we want the plant to panic and focus on root development and not feeding the leaf.
so I should cut the leaves shorter except the ones at the top of the cuttlings? Ph it was saturated in was 6-6.5.

So

so I should cut the leaves shorter except the ones at the top of the cuttlings? Ph it was saturated in was 6-6.5.

trim em up. I read that pH doesn't matter because they're not really taking up nutes at this point, but that a bit of bloom nuts when roots first pop helps.

keep in mind i'm still learning too.

Not to flood comments either. But should I scrap some of the top into the little gold to
trim em up. I read that pH doesn't matter because they're not really taking up nutes at this point, but that a bit of bloom nuts when roots first pop helps.

keep in mind i'm still learning too.
we used a little bit of nutrients when we soaked the pods. A very small amount. I’ll cut the leaves down and I guess scrape some of the top Rockwool into the hole to make it more secure. On the ones that need it atleast. Then I’ll dampen the pods. Cut the lower leaves off and remove mat? What if it has two stems at practically the same position don’t cut?

I was trained to keep the ph just under 6 but my experience is a few years old so maybe my method is outdated.

We always soaked our cubes in a nutrient solution with adjusted ph. We had over a 90% success rate back then.

Another thing to consider, is that you light maybe overkill depending on the specs. They really don’t need much at this stage.

Reddit is best used when you’re in the mood to be told you’re wrong and stupid...about everything. :rofl:
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m open to anything and I know I lm not experienced yet lol. Should I just give them a desk light ? Or can you link a light from amazon and I’ll buy it lol? Just want atleast three plants lol. Really just want something cause I know I can clone in the future. I also plan to buy a aero cloner if I can get these through!

I'm very cheap myself and don't use fancy rigs to do clones/cuttings...I see the plants like children...if you spoil them now they become dependent on it and later can be a-holes to work with...lol
Anyways I just did a few cutting up today of Karibbean Mango.
I use 1.5" cubes i cut into tubes then I cut that in half so I end up with a ~1" x 3/4" circle looking thing.
Pop a small hole in center area.
Trim off lower large leaves and cut ends at 45 degrees.
Dip into water for a quick wash...dip in rooting powder and then into cubes/circles.
Add water to my tray and let them soak up as much as they can.
Put a dome over them for a day or two...more if needed.
After 7-10 days I usually see roots...some take about 12-14.
Pic 1 - New cutting done today.
Pic 2 - Same as above but no dome so you can see better.
Pic 3 - Cutting done Feb 17th. (Green Crack)
Pic 4 - Clones planted yesterday.

Edit...Trays are just dollar store things I found one day wandering around...1.25 for tray and dome. :)

Attachments

• 20190224_121940.jpg
    20190224_121940.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 20190224_121951.jpg
    20190224_121951.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20190224_122025.jpg
    20190224_122025.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 20190224_122033.jpg
    20190224_122033.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 123
I'm very cheap myself and don't use fancy rigs to do clones/cuttings...I see the plants like children...if you spoil them now they become dependent on it and later can be a-holes to work with...lol
Anyways I just did a few cutting up today of Karibbean Mango.
I use 1.5" cubes i cut into tubes then I cut that in half so I end up with a ~1" x 3/4" circle looking thing.
Pop a small hole in center area.
Trim off lower large leaves and cut ends at 45 degrees.
Dip into water for a quick wash...dip in rooting powder and then into cubes/circles.
Add water to my tray and let them soak up as much as they can.
Put a dome over them for a day or two...more if needed.
After 7-10 days I usually see roots...some take about 12-14.
Pic 1 - New cutting done today.
Pic 2 - Same as above but no dome so you can see better.
Pic 3 - Cutting done Feb 17th. (Green Crack)
Pic 4 - Clones planted yesterday.
You’re clones look so nice. Mine are wilting and seemingly close to death. Going with what I posted what should I change? I appreciate you in advance lol.

Back
Top Bottom