Help with cfl closet/air extraction/comp fan

Beetle

hi folks,
i've set up a closet grow in my wardrobe which has all gone well.
my main concern at the mo is ventilation and smell.
i'll be growing with 8x25w cfls and a 125w envirolite, 1 or 2 plants at a time.
my space is 2'x2'x6'.

my question is, can I get away with using a 60 or 80cfm computer fan (4") at the top with passive intake at the bottom, along with some kind of carbon filtering hooked up to the comp fan?
would the fan be strong enough to push (or pull) air thru the carbon filter?
and would this provide me with enough ventilation for my space?
there'll be a 6" fan in the box too, and it doesn't get very hot where i am, so i'm hoping high temps wont be an issue and i can open the door occasionally too i guess before things get too stinky.

thanks and top forum!:adore: it's been really helpful.:smokin:

thanks boss! been learning lots from your grow diaries.:smokin:

i've used some draft excluder tape along the edge of the door and drobe which seals it for air and light really well.

With all due respect, you will get more lumens on the plant, and a MUCH better spectrum using soft and bright CFL's, watt for watt. a 26w cfl will give 1600 lumens and a 42 watt 24-2600, ON the plant. Even if you fill the grow area under long tubes, only the tops of the plants get the lumens. With CFL's on wires, you hang them where you want, putting the light in between plants, into the bottom canopy, above and on the sides all at the same time. So they definately have a place. Even under HPS, adding CFL's to the sides, bottoms and in between plants will help yields tremendously.

Now if you can keep an even canopy, the tubes would definately be easier, you only have to raise and lower one light. With the CFL's they have to be moved every 2-3 days to make sure you don't burn your plants.

Back
Top Bottom