Help with clones please

topdogger69

i usually buy my cuttings already rooted but i want to take my own cuttings and clone myself.. the trouble is i no how to clone the basic way and have had succesful girls from them.. the problem is my girls are due to be turned in 4 days so i need to take my cuttings before then..is there any way i can take my cuttings and root them without them growing to ridicolous size while my other girls are flowering which means they will be sat there for around 8 weeks.. or is this not possible.. my girls are currently under 2 600w hps for there flowering and that means all i have spare is a 400w hps light.. i was wondering if i kept that light at least 40 inches away from the cuttings would they survive and how would i make them last 8 weeks... sorry if this sounds like a mess but i am fairly new to clones and usually when i have helped clone in the past after 15 days we just pot and away to grow...any help is appreciated please as this is the dilema i face......thankyou

Train them low and keep them cut back (after rooted)until ur ready to veg em up. As long as u leave a leaf or two the will pull through.

sorry to sound stupid but when u say train them low do u mean just keep pruning them as to speak so the nutes heal where i prune them or do you mean something entirely different.....ive just never kept clones longer than 15 days so to keep them 8 weeks i wasnt sure if i could.....many thanx for your reply and if you could provide any more info it would really be appreciated thankyou

sorry to sound stupid but when u say train them low do u mean just keep pruning them as to speak so the nutes heal where i prune them or do you mean something entirely different.....ive just never kept clones longer than 15 days so to keep them 8 weeks i wasnt sure if i could.....many thanx for your reply and if you could provide any more info it would really be appreciated thankyou

Im not an expert on cloning but I do know that the babies need to be feed what the mother was(PPM). I would figure to snip some of the leaves in half, jack up the RH to say 90%, and cut the PPM by 3/4. That should slow you down for a while. When they develop a decent root mass then they will start to produce foliage. Dont let them do that too much. some growth is good but if you are going to try to slow them then like i said, cut the nutes.

As far as the train them low comment. You can Low Stress Train with fuzzy pipe cleaners, that will give them a low profile for a while. I would also advise you to FIM or TOP them, that will also cause stress and they will slow down to recover then bounce back. Then end result is a small bush with a shit ton of colas.

sorry to put this in you post but here is a pic of 50/50 called cluster bomb I LST and FIM on. Max height was 15-16" and pulled around 2 O's off it. I only veged 1 month and it was from seed. Not quite a clone but you get the idea.
P10203061.JPG

P10203031.JPG

Get a veg tent :thumb:

Clones take about 10 to 14 days to root on average, veg for 6 weeks...

By the time the girls have finshed up in the flowering tent your next batch of girls are ready to go in, rince & repeat = perpetual grow style.

Yeah basically. Once they root pot em up into smaller pots (bigger than a solo cup but smaller than 1g (it'll help em stay small) . Give em a few days to settle in then top em bend em.over and tie them down. When she starts getting too big or thick cut her back and defoliate til she's manageable again. Should only need to do it once a week or so. Once the rooms free put her.in a bigger pots and watch her explode. They may not look too pretty after 8 weeks but they'll recover fast and.reward u for.all the maintenance in the long run.

And cut back the plant not the nutes. U want her to stay healthy and vigorous. Cutting the nutes will slow her.but it will also start causing deficiencies leaving u with problems to fix before u can flip em.again.

Basically, treat them exactly like ur past clones only trim and bend em to keep them manageable until they can have the.room.

Back
Top Bottom