Help with closet grow

tomdeuce

hello all. i got seemore buds e book. i have a few questions. he mentions getting odor eating cfl bulbs. a few question about this. would odor eating lights cover the smell of 5 auto flower feminized plants, or would i still need a carbon filter? also in his book he says the pictures are taken without the reflector to see positions, but when i look up odor eating bulbs, they say not to use reflectors, they work better open.

hello all. i got seemore buds e book. i have a few questions. he mentions getting odor eating cfl bulbs. a few question about this. would odor eating lights cover the smell of 5 auto flower feminized plants, or would i still need a carbon filter? also in his book he says the pictures are taken without the reflector to see positions, but when i look up odor eating bulbs, they say not to use reflectors, they work better open.

Had never head of them either until I read your post. Did some brief research and couldn't find much positive about them apart from being used in addition to other odour control or to help clear the smell of smoke. Personally I would be far more confident in using a carbon filter, particularly if stealth is vital.

I imagine the cost of a carbon filter would be offset by the the drop in cost from odour eating CFLs to normal ones, and yeah I think most people use CFL's without reflectors, I have an LED myself.

Had you been considering a particular make of odour eating CFL? Interested in looking into it further but seems like theres a few different types.

i, likewise, never heard of such a thing, and after a quick read it sounds interesting for sure but I'm not sure it would cover the entire scent in flower.

Though if you are growing in a small space it might work to pack your cabinet with them and then also replace the bulbs in the room the cabinet/closet is in to catch any scent that does get out from escaping the room; maybe also put a layer or two of cheap fabric carbon filter in front of your exhaust fan? certainly save on the cost of a scrubber if it worked.

re: reflectors, from what i read about the bulb emitting titanium dioxide, i would agree that a reflector might inhibit its function as an air cleaner, the bulb needs space around it on all sides to diffuse the TiO2 into the air. I think and easy solution is to just make sure your walls are reflective and the bulbs are as close as possible to the plants..

I like the carbon filter that's what I use, because when you flower your girls the smell will get very strong and hard if not impossible to eliminate, you can save a lot of time and install a carbon filter.
:thumb:

I'm into day 24 on my auto grow with just one plant and I severely underestimated the smell. I'm gonna go buy some carbon and rig something up today. Just one little plant too. Wow what a stinky little girl!

If the cheaper odor eating CFL bulbs, or negative ion generators or gels worked as well as carbon filters, the entire world would be raging about it. Face it, carbon filters are expensive, big, heavy and they have a limited life. If there was a cheaper and easier to use alternative, we would all know about it. Sadly, this is not the case.

One plant can easily stink out an entire house and venting to the outside quickly can alert an entire neighborhood. You absolutely must scrub the air through carbon if you want to get rid of the stank.

I finally got around to building a carbon filter. Smell is gone! I made eight wood frame screens, threw a cup of carbon in each, screwed them all together, wrapped them in plastic and put a computer fan under them. No venting it just recirculates inside the closet. Wife can't smell anything now! cost $30 all together. $4 for screen, $2 for screws, $18 for a big container of activated carbon and $6 for the wood.

Back
Top Bottom