Help with diagnosis please!

justa noob

420 Member
Hey guys,

Does this look normal to you? if not what do you think is causing the lightish green/yellow color?

Just incase it's light burn Iv'e put the light higher for now until I figure out what's wrong (if anything).

Maybe a nutrient deficiency?

I also added a oscillating fan today just incase there was a lack of airflow in there causing temperature issues.

I'm growing 4 plants in a 4x4 tent using an autopot system with 2000w LED(395 real watts) at 28-30" high on 24/0 cycle, both veg and bloom switches on.

My medium is 70% canna terra soil and 30% canna coco pro.

Have been using nothing but tap water ph'd between 7-7.4 to feed and am currently at day 13 since planting my germinated seeds.

Gave 500ml on day 5, 750ml on day 10 and plan on feeding them 1 litre on day 15 before they get a final 1ltr-1.5ltr on day 20 and move on to the bottom feeding res with mega crop nutrients.

I am a first timer.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 62
Thanks guys, makes sense, I can work out how much nutrient to add but what quantity of water should I be looking at using, keep in mind I fed the girls 750ml of water just 2 days ago

Ph too high. Adjust your nutrient solution to 6.3-6.5, but not before they need water again as that that will only make things worse if you overwater. It's ok to have a sort of schedule as you mentioned but don't force it on them. Water and nutes are the same in that it's really easy to add more and really hard to get back out if you overdo it. Best of luck.
Edit, though 24 hrs light will work fine if things are dialed in, I recommend a dark period of 4-6 hours in veg for both photoperiods and autos.

Thanks guys, makes sense, I can work out how much nutrient to add but what quantity of water should I be looking at using, keep in mind I fed the girls 750ml of water just 2 days ago
I just checked the canna website and they actually recommend lower still especially since you have the coco mixed in.. 5.8 to 6.2..

Thanks for taking the time mate, ill make sure the next feed goes in at correct ph, hopefully it hasn't done too much damage, do I just wait it out till next feed or is there something I can do to address it now?

The good lads above mentioned it could be nutrient deficiency but like you say if I address that I could make it worse if it indeed is a ph issue.

Thanks for taking the time mate, ill make sure the next feed goes in at correct ph, hopefully it hasn't done too much damage, do I just wait it out till next feed or is there something I can do to address it now?

The good lads above mentioned it could be nutrient deficiency but like you say if I address that I could make it worse if it indeed is a ph issue.
Ya it's basically a ph induced deficiency I'd say.. I'd recommend waiting til water is actually needed in a couple days or so. You could dim or raise your lights a little while you wait, that will help reduce the stress on her. Keep a fan going to help dry the soil.

The light green seems to be better but now I have another issue and I think I'm in a bit of trouble :oops:

Any ideas guys? thanks a lot for all your input/advice.

I did introduce a fan in there a few days ago so I thought it might be wind burn but it looks like a ph issue right?

Attachments

• uh oh.jpg
    uh oh.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 57
Maybe but it's probably from the earlier ph issues. It's only been a couple of days so you need to give her some time to recover. Like a week or so. A normal breeze shouldn't hurt at all. Keep an eye on the new growth to look normal, the old stuff will remain damaged or even get a little worse as she adjusts to the correct ph range. Patience is key. You could try a very weak bit of nutrients but I'd give her some time to recover first..

Going from 7.4 to 6.4 ph is 10x more acidic so the plant will have to adjust its metabolic processes which takes a bit of time but this is a good thing in the end. Go easy on her with the light and temperatures etc while she recovers would be my advice for now.

Are you adding CalMag? If not I would start adding some to your water and feed.

I add 3ml per gal of all water and feed and ph it to 6.6 or so.
Not at this stage but I might think about giving it a light nute feed of mega crop as it seems to be getting a little worse but like PE636 stated it could make things even more worse so I may wait it out, I just had a look now and the smaller leaves surrounding the bottom of the plants look fine which is weird, wouldn't they be affected if it is a ph deficiency? if so I wonder if it indeed is a case of wind burn with the fan being too powerful.

At this stage I still think it is ph induced but I want to keep a open mind just incase I'm overlooking something.

Back
Top Bottom