Help with discoloured leaves with pics

Mike Mann

hi all, ive gained heaps of knowledge from all the advice from this site.
but now i have a question regarding my girls.
Someone asked me why 1 single plant in a grow box of 6
has these odd coloured leaves.
All the others are as healthy as could be.
please any help would be appreciated.

What do u mean odd colored leaves ? pictures would help ,
the main issues of leafs turning colors.

1. its getting closer to harvest so the leafs start to turn yellow/brown just as all leafs do in fall.
2. you are giving it too much nutrients each strain will be different as in what it likes and what it doesnt in the sense of nutrients .
3. over or under watering.

Ive seen some of my girls leafs start to die while the other girls were fine , all using the same nutrients and whatnot , I learned quick u really have to just watch ur girl and see what she likes and what she doesnt. :)

cheers tk..

JMG_1733_3_.JPG
JMG_1733_2_.JPG
JMG_1733.JPG

sorry all, just realised i never linked pics,, my bad,

any thoughts now?

cheers tk..

JMG_1733_3_.JPG
JMG_1733_2_.JPG
JMG_1733.JPG

sorry all, just realised i never linked pics,, my bad,

any thoughts now?

Nute deficiency.... Looks like phosphorus... Also could be root bound/rot. What are you using for nutes? PH PPM? Need more info to diagnose correctly.

Tactic, wouldnt you think maybe an Mg def or N problem rather than a Phosphorous?? As the lighter coloring of the leaves when young i thought was the cause of N toxicity or Iron Def? Hmm. Will have to check the " PLant problem solver and Pictoral"....
You should be right mate tho, just check that page out on this related topic. And you can make any adjustments after that, but dont go slamming her with nutes in bulk amounts or youll end up like me!!
Goodluck, Smokemup.

I would have to agree with jimmycricket on the zinc def.

None the less read this link ASAP - Some plant deficiencies

I would very tempted to get some chelated micro nutrients also... other wise you may loose your plant.

cheers guys.. its been a few days now, and i think shes slowly making some headway to recovery..

what do u guys reckon?

IMG_17754.JPG
IMG_17742.JPG

BTW, i used 1/2 tsp of epsom salts mixed with 1L of water.

thats a negative on the foliar spraying.. do u think i should? i was worried about residual burn from the light, as my box is only (L,120cm, x B,60cm, x H,100cm) running a 600 Watt MH during veg and a 450 Watt HPS during flower. regardless... im still blown out by the fact there is 5 other plants in the same medium, in the same environment, and only this little girl has the flu:trance:...

I try to lightly mist my plant, she s into flower now and has alot of bud, so i try to be careful.
Usually i spray on the underside of some leaves or onto the ones in her centre, that dont get so much focussed light. If you can slightly open up your space for more air circulation, that should help with the evaporation/absorbtion of nutes..
The first few pics almost resembled a Potassium Defic., almost resembles Phos def too... But from the way they look i d say Potass.
I do have a worry with your set up tho mate, other than the probs at hand, if your Grow space is only 1 metre tall, and you are running a 600w MH, i think this will burn your plant soon and cause bleaching or other problems, this maybe something to think about.. I run a 400w MH in a 8.7ft Highx4.5ftWidex2.5ft D, and that is adequate for this sized space, so by having a 600w at say even 1.5ft above your plant, its recieving around :7,000 lumens P/sq metre, at a distance of around 5-6 inches its more like : 95,000 lumens and VERY HOT..
So your ventilation would need to be good, and if your light isnt in a cool tube or hood, id say youll have problems from heat stress/burn/bleach etc; all of which arent really good!
IM NOT PICKING ON YA MATE!! ITS JUST SOME STUFF I HAD RUNNIN THRU MY MIND:):) HOpe you get your plants lookin good and back to health.. Take it easy mate, Smokemup;)

thats a negative on the foliar spraying.. do u think i should? i was worried about residual burn from the light, as my box is only (L,120cm, x B,60cm, x H,100cm) running a 600 Watt MH during veg and a 450 Watt HPS during flower. regardless... im still blown out by the fact there is 5 other plants in the same medium, in the same environment, and only this little girl has the flu:trance:...

If there in the same pot then I would suggest foliar spraying. And Jimmy Cricket was right I stand corrected that is a Zinc def. What causes zinc def is high PH or to much phosphorus, or lack of nitrogen. The yellowing dying leaves are lack of nitrogen. Also the new growth, are they bunched up and tight together? If so its def a zinc issue. So I would foliar spray using anything with potassium in it using half strength. Check the PH of the soil and then adjust from there.

whoa, now im on an information overload.. but everything sounds plausible.. they are rather bunched together, well were, as the original is still kinda crook . now another has gone gammy.so they have been removed. temps have gone pretty crazy here. so there has been issues with ventilation.
smokemupm8, there has been a grow before with no dramas but the MH was never used.. only the HPS. so thanks for that tip,there seems to be a few simple things that have been missed. there will be some more pics in the morning when they wake up. so i hope u keep an eye on this for me.. thanks heaps guys!

this is a new problem plant
problem_plant_2_1.JPG
problem_plant_2.JPG
is this male looking best res. i could get
plant_still_in_grow_space_looks_male.JPG
original problem plant as in first pics in thread
original_problem_plant.JPG
grow space now minus two funky plants
grow_space_remaining_plants.JPG
soil from problem plants
both_problem_plants_soil.JPG
both_problem_plants.JPG
IMG_18156.JPG
IMG_18148.JPG

sorry about the mass of jumbled pics... i hope u get the headers... but included is a random assortment of issues and a slight glimpse of the grow space.. ph is a little over neutral.. temp has been a little random.. 31.7 at times when unattended.. and as low as 21 at night..there seems to be a problem with ventilation, although the fan in the space is a bathroom style exhaust. plenty sufficient i thought.. sorry to sound so plebian, but ive had no issues till now and dont know where to start.. cheers in advance guys.

First your going to have to get those temps under control. That could cause alot of lock outs and zinc is one of them. If it get to cold it will be hard for the uptake of zinc, or should i say nitrogen which will cause a zinc lockout.

Second, are you LSTing the plant thats falling over, or thats a super crop? If not then I would get a stick and put it in the soil to support the weight of that plant.

Third Most of them seem to be over watered. And the 2 first pictures are zinc deficiencies. Due to what? I wouldnt know. Depending on your soils PH, and also the temp in your grow space.

Zinc will make your plants leaves drop and also a nickel deficiency due to over watering and water logged soil. Which is harmful to your plants.

You need to raise the temp asap. Put a heater in there if possible to soak up all the moister

When did you last feed and what and how much? When did you start seeing these problems?

yeah the heat/ventilation thing just buggers me its good for a week, and then goes to shite.. but australian summers can be like that... not lst`ing them , they have just randomly fallen and stood up at will..yeah theyre staked too!! its bizzare.. never seen such random drastic issues so quick.. havnt fed the creepy ones anything but water for a few days ,.. and only water when needed.. this is the first grow with a mix of coco coir and compost tho.. ph just above neutral.

Back
Top Bottom