Help with dose please

Sctanley007

Been growing for over a year and have tried making coconut oil and honey with limited success. With those attempts there was a lot of fan leaves mixed into the trim used and being new the plant matter wasn't of the best quality.

My last grow I saved only the sugar leaves and popcorn bud from my jack herrer, gelato og and blue dream. I ground the dried leaves and decarbed 1.5 oz along with a bunch of stems at 245F for 45 minutes. I added this to a pound of butter and a cup of water in a crockpot and simmered for 7 hours. Strained through cheesecloth, rinsed matter with boiling water and chilled overnight in the fridge. Rinsed and melted to strain again and into icecube trays at 1 Tbsp per.

Im not sure how strong the butter is or how much to use in any given recipe. I'm not looking for a melting experience and I'm more than happy simply eating a half of cookie. Ive read posts and articles as to how to calculate but either I'm dense and cant grasp it or is there quite a bit a guesstimate as to strength?

The recipe Im looking to try makes- 15 cookies
1 cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 c w sugar
1/2 cup b sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
salt

Attachments

• butter1.jpg
    butter1.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 149
  • butter2.jpg
    butter2.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 126
Hi there Sctanley! It sounds like that should be a good strength butter for you. That’s pretty similar to the ratio of buds/butter that I use myself. When I go to bake with the infused butter, I use half regular and half infused of what the recipe calls for. So in your recipe, I would use 2 Tbs regular and 2 Tbs infused butter. As far as the final strength, I wind up eating half a cookie and my husband will eat a whole. Personal preference and all that. :) I’m like you I think, and I just like a solid buzz from edibles, and then I’ll just take a puff if I want to top off the high. If you want more specific dosing info, there is a spreadsheet by Oldbear that gives a good guideline (guesstimate) and In the Shed is really helpful with using it, if you want more info on that too. Hope that helps!

Thanks Heavenly. I should have added that with the recipe I posted the “butter” portion is cannabutter. It’s from a canna recipe site.

Still use 1/2 regular and 1/2 infused?

Thanks

I would if it were me, because the batch size of your cookies (15) means that you’ll be getting about 2 ml of the infused butter in each cookie. When I make a full cookie batch with my butter, I end up with ~2.5 ml of infused butter per cookie. You used a bit more herb in your original infusion, so I’m thinking it’ll be fairly close. My thought is, this a learning batch, so I’d err on the lighter side. Worse case scenario, you eat a whole cookie and the next time you make a batch, you could use all infused butter, right? Wow, I really rambled on here. Lol, hopefully I’m still helping. Until you really do it a couple times and figure out what you prefer, it is a bit of a shot in the dark. Keep me posted on how they turn out! I may have to steal your recipe! ;)

Using 1/2 regular and 1/2 infused butter and assuming the plant material is 10% I got 18mg/cookie.
A lot of conversions, so plenty of opportunity for mistakes on my part.

Thanks for all the replies and tips.

I ended up trying to follow the recipe exactly and use only infused butter. I carefully measured my butter, mixed my ingredients. The spatula and bowl weren’t going to mix evenly so I transferred into the stand mixer. Worked great and weighed each cookie to be 30g. Baked 10 minutes exactly.

They’re a bit crumbly and I realized...in transferring to the mixer I forgot to add the egg.

Oh well I have cookie bags left over from a party so all’s we’ll that ends well.

Attachments

• 9E07B240-3BB0-4BCC-A7DF-C78FD7B681BD.jpeg
    9E07B240-3BB0-4BCC-A7DF-C78FD7B681BD.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 8BC0D3BC-EFE7-47C2-B468-97DDCF5FBE00.jpeg
    8BC0D3BC-EFE7-47C2-B468-97DDCF5FBE00.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 98EF2C18-79FB-4A3B-AF14-1D6B3BF4A6E3.jpeg
    98EF2C18-79FB-4A3B-AF14-1D6B3BF4A6E3.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom