phiGweed

Good afternoon guys!

Today was the big day!
I have come to the end of my grow and now have to tackle the drying and curing process. Never made it this far so all advice is welcome! My current temp and humidity is 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 50-55%. She is in complete darkness. Should my temp and humidity be adjusted?
and what should be the steps I take for curing? I’m aware that the humidity and temp changes during that stage.

thank you all in advance!!

BA465A80-7E30-4F09-B6B2-F2BB21F3EFCE.png

74DB50E8-8687-413E-9CAC-A439EA097A68.png
56B2A377-D842-4C38-A8CB-A36C14E64821.png
9ED0A4B3-8749-4E48-9DCC-DDDF1BEEDB60.png
6FE60E58-9C52-4B14-A19C-46333CA6BDE4.jpeg
32D7B6C6-B75E-4319-854E-BCA6B540273D.jpeg
712CFA87-2867-407A-8641-F8043EE6E8B2.jpeg
04DB5944-1B81-4F4F-A7FB-90C86A2B235E.jpeg

Congrats on your harvest great job looks yummy.

Ok on the drying... easier to just run some string or line and hang the branches.

I'm assuming you did NOT bud wash correct?

If not just leave them hanging in the tent like you have it and LITFA for several days.

Without bud washing those will take 5-7 days before you need to trim them..

Wait until the outer leaves are crispy... do not wait for stem snap thats too dry and bro stuff.

When the outside leaves ( sugar leaves ) are crispy then you trim and into jars or containers (I like stainless steel and glass I do not use plastic).

Once you trim and into jars then open the jars daily and leave the lids off for an hour or so.. cover and repeat for 3-5 days. The seal up and let it sit a few weeks and check again.

The smells sometimes change dramatically depending on the strain.

I got one now in the jars and it smells like straight up cat piss. After a cure it will be lemony pepper.

You can puff the freshies cause you the grower and that's what growers do. lol

Congrats again well done. :passitleft:

Congrats on your harvest great job looks yummy.

Ok on the drying... easier to just run some string or line and hang the branches.

I'm assuming you did NOT bud wash correct?

If not just leave them hanging in the tent like you have it and LITFA for several days.

Without bud washing those will take 5-7 days before you need to trim them..

Wait until the outer leaves are crispy... do not wait for stem snap thats too dry and bro stuff.

When the outside leaves ( sugar leaves ) are crispy then you trim and into jars or containers (I like stainless steel and glass I do not use plastic).

Once you trim and into jars then open the jars daily and leave the lids off for an hour or so.. cover and repeat for 3-5 days. The seal up and let it sit a few weeks and check again.

The smells sometimes change dramatically depending on the strain.

I got one now in the jars and it smells like straight up cat piss. After a cure it will be lemony pepper.

You can puff the freshies cause you the grower and that's what growers do. lol

Congrats again well done. :passitleft:
Thank you!! I did not bud wash on this grow.. should that be something I do in the future? And does my drying temp and humidity sound good? 65F/55%

Temp and humidity are perfect. Its not all that critical just dont try and dry when the humidity is like 80% nothing will happen cept maybe mold.

You can try bud washing. I do it pretty much every harvest now. If I was taking down 10 plants at a time it might be too much but for me its good. It speeds up drying by a few days and I like the flavor better but I'm a weed snob.

You'd be surprised how dirty your plants get.

Temp and humidity are perfect. Its not all that critical just dont try and dry when the humidity is like 80% nothing will happen cept maybe mold.

You can try bud washing. I do it pretty much every harvest now. If I was taking down 10 plants at a time it might be too much but for me its good. It speeds up drying by a few days and I like the flavor better but I'm a weed snob.

You'd be surprised how dirty your plants get.
Excellent!! And I’ll definitely try bud washing with my next grow! I’m all for improving :thumb::thanks:

Look up "Doc Buds bud washing" in google.

3 5 gal buckets

1 bucket water plus 1/3 cup baking soda and 1/3 cup lemon juice
next 2 buckets are rinse buckets.

Cut off fan leaves and wash branches - dip about 10-15 times each bucket then hang dry.

Pretty easy Clean up and set up take longer.

Back
Top Bottom