Help with exhaust fan needed!?

comedian

Hey, guys! I'm sorta stressing the exhaust fan issue! I got a case fan for a computer (120mm), but I can't figure out what I need to have in order to plug it into the wall! I guess what I'm asking is, as you already know, the fan has a computer connecter on the end; how can rig that up in order to plug it into a standard wall socket!?

I tried snipping of the end of the fan and a cell phone charger and connecting the wires! Nothing!

Is there a certain adapter I need instead of the phone charger!?

Thanks in advance!

I would go to the "do it yourself" link down in the growers forum. I believe I saw instructions on that exact issue.

you need to find a power supply that matches the rated power requirements of the fan

cutting the computer connector off was probably not a good idea

comedian, theengineer is right. Typically a computer takes 120VAC wall voltage and basically rectifies it and steps down to.. for instance 5VDC which is used to run many of the components. Probably the best thing to do is google the particular fan you have to find the specifications and go from there. Good Luck.... it's a job I'll be doing for my next grow! :) :peace:

Hell yeah! Awesome replies, fellas!!! Looks like I'll be out shopping for an adapter with the proper wattage!

Thanks again, guys! Very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom