Help with Heat Stress

MsBiddy

I'm currently growing 2 x Vanilla Kush plants in a small cupboard, they're about 8 weeks into flowering but I was away for a couple of days and came home to find they're suffering from heat stress!!! Sob, sob. Anyway, I've replaced the 250 hps bulb with a 250 cfl (red) and been giving them lots of water (read somewhere that could help).......any tips on recovery would be gratefully accepted. Thanks x

co2 would help, if you can get some dry ice and put a jug with water in above your plants that would help cool and give your girls some extra energy. also maybe you can fill some pop bottles most of the way with water and freeze them, then set those in your grow area. thats about all I can say. other then running your lights at night when its cooler:peace:
I'm currently growing 2 x Vanilla Kush plants in a small cupboard, they're about 8 weeks into flowering but I was away for a couple of days and came home to find they're suffering from heat stress!!! Sob, sob. Anyway, I've replaced the 250 hps bulb with a 250 cfl (red) and been giving them lots of water (read somewhere that could help).......any tips on recovery would be gratefully accepted. Thanks x

Got any ventilation in your cupboard ?

Improved air flow will decrease temperatures...

Passive vent at bottom of grow area with an active inline fan at top of grow area, drawing new fresh air in throught the passive vent & venting hot air out of top...

No, I only have a fan and it sits on the floor which is well below the top of the plants.......I've replaced the hps lamp with a cfl which isn't creating as much heat, but I'm really worried that my plants wont recover, do you think they'll recover?

Well if your box is fairly air tight it will choke the plants not giving them enough CO2. It would be like locking a person in a air tight closet for a couple days, bad things would happen :D.

Thanks for the tips, I've been leaving the door slightly open to keep the cupboard from becoming too hot, seems to be working but still worried about my plants. Good journal btw.

I highly suggest using what duck recommended. It would cost you 2-5 bucks to do but would make your grow 100% more successful.

Just make two holes in your box. one near the bottom and one near the top. Then hook a ssmall cpu fan or other fan up to the top hole so that its sucking air out. It will drastically cool the air, help keep a steady flow of CO2 incomming for the girlls to grow, plus help prevent things like mold.

Back
Top Bottom